Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way things are going in the 2008 F1 season, it seems to me that Ferrari might have the same problem that McLaren had last year: take 2nd and 3rd places but not 1st in the driver's championship.

It happened to McLaren last year because they didn't focus in one driver. They kept things equal for both drivers so that they had the same chance to win, while Ferrari put all its hopes and effort around Kimi, and thus won the championship.

Considering that now McLaren has a better car (the last few races showed that difference), what do you think Ferrari should do to fight for the driver's championship?

Take Massa as the priority driver? Take Kimi? Leave both in equal conditions?

Or am I simply talking non-sense?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Kimi seems to be struggling recently. His usual exuberant self (sarcasm)makes it difficult to identify the problem. It now seems that he's trying to hard. To make matters worse, I'm not sure Fellipe has what it takes. His inconsistencies make it difficult for me to get behind him. What a quandry!!!

I guess we just sit here smiling.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Hungarian GP

Don't give a monkeys what happens in the rest of the race -

Massa's start was %&*"ing brilliant

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marlin, I was going to post the same thing here. It's been a while since I last saw such a great start, it was brilliant indeed! FORZA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Todays race in Hungary showed that the Ferrari of Massa was more than a match for the McLarens. I think that McLaren and Ferrari will still be close at the end of the season. Kimi does seem to have been off the pace for the last few races and qualifying sessions, not sure what his problem is? He was fortunate to get a podium today due to Massa and Lewis's problems. Massa does look like the stronger of the two at the moment, but I wouldn't write Kimi off just yet, just look at how he finished last season.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Marlin, I was going to post the same thing here. It's been a while since I last saw such a great start, it was brilliant indeed! FORZA!!!!!

BRIlliant start!? that was a damn good 68 laps! massa deserved that win through and through! ferrari will get it back, everyone is like" oh ferrari havent won in the last 3 races, whats happening" eeryone always picks the bad of the situations does ayone remember first couple ofraces were won back to back one two finish's, im not fretting, ferrari will always stay strong:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I must admit after the the slating he got at Silverstone, Felipe really imprsessed yesterday. His start and overall driving was off the scale.

It's quite mad that his engine blew even after he was nursing it for around 20 laps because of him having such a big lead.

Does he get a free engine change now?

Felipe really is a plucky competitor. Not the best technically but definitely the best "streetfighter" of all the drivers.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was devastated when Massa blew. I couldn't believe it. It was a great race by him, but his car failed him. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts