Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive my Ferrari F355 to work on occassion, as well as around town from time to time. I'd rather have it and drive it than have it sit. Of course, this has a downside, as I've realized someone stole my rear 2 wheel caps. I was thinking if they steal the ones I am replacing them with, I might as well just get generic ones that will look neutral and not invite further theft.

Does anyone know where to get such things? Are the 2" (55mm) center caps somewhat universal?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I drive my Ferrari F355 to work on occassion, as well as around town from time to time. I'd rather have it and drive it than have it sit. Of course, this has a downside, as I've realized someone stole my rear 2 wheel caps. I was thinking if they steal the ones I am replacing them with, I might as well just get generic ones that will look neutral and not invite further theft.

Does anyone know where to get such things? Are the 2" (55mm) center caps somewhat universal?
They aren't a generic size... and that sucks that somebody stole them. Happily, all 4 wheel caps are the same size. There are however three different versions. 99% of the folks chose the 108947 Wheel Cap because it fits all the wheels. You can see the caps (genuine Ferrari) and the different variants here:

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=263835

·
Registered
181 Posts
That Blows

I am surprised that someone got them off. Mine are on sooo tight that i decided that rather than damage them, I would wait and take the wheel off the car and pop them out from behind.

I guess, someone sripping them off would not care if they chipped them of the wheel.

Not wanting to stereotype - but I bet their parents were never married......

Greg

·
Registered
260 Posts

You can get them at Motorcars of Distinction (www.modexotics.com). They are an exotics car dealer but are also a full service Ferrari and Lamborghini Service Center and Parts Store. They are the most reasonable place around. Some places were charging as high as $500.00 for the Ferrari logo centercaps.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I carry Ebay generic tire, valve stem caps and have a ton of them in both cars as people steel. Costs about $1/cap. I like them and feel it's WAY WAY Less expensive than replacing the center caps, which most will stay away from if the easier one on the valve stem is available.

BTW: Loose them anyway sometimes driving but when all four or just the back two are missing, well, ya' just know how that went down.

I also stopped using the 'locking' ones ... let them take them, better than a cut valve stem or going to the center caps.

Sucks on the centers and RICAMBI is correct in that there are not only several types/sizes, but means by which they hold in the center with those ring thingies.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I carry Ebay generic tire, valve-stem, caps and have a ton of them in both cars as people steal. Costs about $1/cap. I like them and feel it's WAY WAY Less expensive than replacing the center caps, which most will stay away from if the easier one on the valve stem is available.
Needed to correct the spelling K

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am surprised that someone got them off. Mine are on sooo tight that i decided that rather than damage them, I would wait and take the wheel off the car and pop them out from behind.

I guess, someone sripping them off would not care if they chipped them of the wheel.

Not wanting to stereotype - but I bet their parents were never married......

Greg
I disagree. There is a good chance their parents were married but probably related at birth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts