Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I thank all of you for posting your info in my last post. It helped a lot! So now I need to ask you some other questions about cars in general.

What is the definition of a production car (the # required to be called production)?
What makes a car "street leagl"?

Thanks! :p :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
ferrarikid said:
What is the definition of a production car (the # required to be called production)?
I'd say, anything more than ten and the manufacturer publishes some sort-of sales literature about it.

ferrarikid said:
What makes a car "street legal"?
When it complies with the country's rules and regulations for public roadway use (ie: all lights, exhaust silencing and nowadays, emissions control, safety items like seat-belts, etc...).

·
Registered
824 Posts

Well, you have homologation specials that are only made for that purpose and are of limited run. I would say anything more than 500 or so. That leaves a 288 GTO and a F50 as specials and a F40 as production cars. Other definition can be the fact that up front the production numbers are already known or not.

Niels

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The Enzo is only being made to a production number of 399 ove a 5 year period. This number was not chosen at random.

"Street Legal" means you can drive it in your local area without worrying about the cops.

:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts