Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who can advise why the rubberised parts on the door handles and ashtray become so sticky on my 1997 355,what to do? :-?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Did you apply any protectants to those surfaces? Did they become sticky after your car was left out in the sun? Some protectants tend to do that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing,but temperatures can reach here 50C.I would think the rubber can get hard but not too sticky to touch.

·
Registered
286 Posts
sticky rubberized parts

Yaap, Not to leave you with a answer without a correction for the problem, but I have known a couple of guys with the same problem. They also had the problem around the A/C vents. As yet I haven't heard of a fix but it is a problem with certain year Ferraris.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
That had problems with nearly every 348 in that respect, door handle and vent rubber getting gooey, so you're not alone. I can't remember what the guys did to get rid of it, I think they just cleaned it often. I think they had it a lot worse than the 355 though. I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ferrari,suggests change the parts,hm...$3000.-- maybe better to powdercoat the parts also around the ac.vents etc. and later when anyone has the originals for sale (used)change it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
moisture

Yaap,
Does it get real humid there? If so this is part of the problem, the heat and moisture for whatever reason combine with the rubber and cause this problem. I'm afraid I do not know of a real fix. Keeping it out of the sun should help some and try cleaning it with ArmorAll. Have you tried a protectant on it as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sticky part

I also have a 348 with a bad problem...replaced my dask a/c cover once already and now it's done it again.. Ferrari should help us out?? The dealer wants $650-900 for one plate!! I need a fis, can any one help me with a solution.. Robert

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I got my new issue of Hemmings Sport and Exotics. Guess what ad was on the entire back cover?

Congrats, Robbie! It looks good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
+355 ...... :)

I got my new issue of Hemmings Sport and Exotics. Guess what ad was on the entire back cover?

Congrats, Robbie! It looks good :thumbsup:
....... :eek: ..... :D!!!!

Can Help? The master of understatement!

Its the end all solution that all of us in the business rely on.

Robbie has this Mastered, there is no reason for new parts unless it is broken.
+ 1000 ............. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Goobegone may be a solution. Home Depot offers it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sticky ashtray and consule.

F430 :

There are 2 solutions.

1) you can get some carbon fiber covers from MAcarbon - Carbon Fiber for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and More
which is expensive like hell.
2) the option I used for the ashtray lid and mid consule was to remove them and remove the sticky/ scratched layer with non alcoholic wet tissue and then polished with regular leather cleaner spray (son of a gun). after some souking you will have a like first day lid. I will upload pics today.

to remove the ashtray :
-open the lid
-remove the ash bin
- open the middle pin with a screwdriver
- remove 2 sockets of ashtray with care
- bring it home ;)
- remove the flags by opening 2 nuts
-start the polishing job.

>> ask me if any question.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts