Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold at Pebble Beach for $2.1m (yes $2.1million:eek: )
Yes it was stunning apparently - subject to a 4000 hour resto, & yes he was the coolest guy on the planet:thumbup:
But $2.1m for a Lusso???????????????????????
(& a brown one at that!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Any pics of it Al?

Yep, you're right he was pretty cool:thumbup: Most people will love him for the car chase in Bullit, but I thought he was pretty cool in The Great Escape, jumping that barbed wire fence on his motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I've noticed Rardleys have 22K mile 512BB for sale at £80K, which seems high given that all the others I've seen have been in the £50K range +/- £5K. Any clues?

Didn't James Dean's Lotus Elan go for a crazy price recently? He never even drove it, it was ordered just before his death and delivered just after the funeral.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Jonathan:thumbup:
How are things?
I gather we have a similar opinion on the McQueen car's value?
Yes, I think we do. It is silly money. But then if you've got billions a million or two is nothing.

I wonder how much King Hussein's or Clint Eastwood's 365 BB's would be worth if put back up on the auction block today.

If any one is interested, Mario Andretti's 512BBi is for sale in Switzerland. Any guesses to the asking price ?
I suspect Steve McQueen is a special case alonmg with a few other (dead) icons like Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, Elvis Presley etc.

I've noticed Rardleys have 22K mile 512BB for sale at £80K, which seems high given that all the others I've seen have been in the £50K range +/- £5K. Any clues?

Didn't James Dean's Lotus Elan go for a crazy price recently? He never even drove it, it was ordered just before his death and delivered just after the funeral.
I really don'rt know why that BB at Rardley's is at that price. I think the blue one (love that colour) showing as sold on their site was up for rather less than that. Boxer prices do seem to have been on the up of late, though. Always loved them myself.

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It does seem very high. There haven't been many for sale this year, I think I've seen 3, Rardley's, Rosso Corsa's and KHPC (The Ferrari Centre), but they've all been in the £50K region. I love them too, my dream car as a young boy, have heard mixed reviews on the running costs. Maybe one day???

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG Archie!!!!!!!! Whatever you do don't go near Rosso Corsa FFS M8:eek:

I have no experience whatsoever of BB's - aside of Top Trumps as a kid:D
They do seem very popular though. But supply & demand are not necassarily a guide to increased value - there have not been many GTE's on the market for a long time & quite a few people are looking for them, but value hasn't increased, but there are almost always a good number of high quality 246's (or Fiat's as I prefer to call them;) ) and the values seem to be escalating.

What you need to do Arch is buy some of these white 308's/328's for bargain basement prices, have them painted resale red by a willing painter & sell them on for vast profit:thumbup: :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Al, I fell in love with the BB's as a result of Top Trumps, cracking game:D
I play the modern edition with my son all the time. We've got a Ferrari set that Shell were giving away with V-Power earlier this year.

Thanks for the tip, TBH I've only ever looked at their website, not even spoken to them. My fav independents are Nick Cartwright & Rardleys, they always treat me with respect and are incredibly knowledgeable, plus they have great reputations.

If you can find me a white 308 for about £100, I'll gladly give you the respray work and split the profit with you;)

I'm at least 2 yrs away from another F-Car, Mrs G finishes work in a few weeks and will be off for at least a year with the new baby. So I'll be skint !!!!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If any one is interested, Mario Andretti's 512BBi is for sale in Switzerland. Any guesses to the asking price ?
I've tried googling it, but could only find his 512BB/LM which was something like €1,600,000 in 2004.

A stab in the dark, €250,000 ?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al, I fell in love with the BB's as a result of Top Trumps, cracking game:D
I play the modern edition with my son all the time. We've got a Ferrari set that Shell were giving away with V-Power earlier this year.

Thanks for the tip, TBH I've only ever looked at their website, not even spoken to them. My fav independents are Nick Cartwright & Rardleys, they always treat me with respect and are incredibly knowledgeable, plus they have great reputations.

If you can find me a white 308 for about £100, I'll gladly give you the respray work and split the profit with you;)

I'm at least 2 yrs away from another F-Car, Mrs G finishes work in a few weeks and will be off for at least a year with the new baby. So I'll be skint !!!!
:D :D Stop mucking about with bland grey cars then.

I've always heard excellent reports about Nick Cartwright's, he really does have an excellent reputation.
Wish your better half best regards from me and Mrs W:thumbup:

I do the Top Trumps thing with my eldest (& she consistently beats me), I've even bought a couple of original sets off eBay! (How sad am I???)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
:D :D Stop mucking about with bland grey cars then.

I've always heard excellent reports about Nick Cartwright's, he really does have an excellent reputation.
Wish your better half best regards from me and Mrs W:thumbup:

I do the Top Trumps thing with my eldest (& she consistently beats me), I've even bought a couple of original sets off eBay! (How sad am I???)
Are you referring to my typically German boring grey Audi;)

Did you manage to get the Supercars set from C.1977? I seem to remember it had some of the following:
512 BB
246 GT
Monteverdi Hai 450
Sbarro or something like that
Trans Am
Corvette
Some Porches
And probably a lambo

Excellent:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I am:D

That's the set - probably threw out the 246 Fiat card though:drive: :D
As a former owner of several 928's I have to say that the white Carrera did it for me completely (very, VERY few sportscars look good in white), can't believe they included the Daimler DS420 though:eek:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yes I am:D

That's the set - probably threw out the 246 Fiat card though:drive: :D
As a former owner of several 928's I have to say that the white Carrera did it for me completely (very, VERY few sportscars look good in white), can't believe they included the Daimler DS420 though:eek:
You'll have to try and scan the interesting cards and post them on here, then we can try to have a game on the forum.
What's your compression ratio, BHP, max speed or 0-60:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:D :D

Just found them under the bed:thumbup:

Alfa Romeo Montreal
Bitter CD
BMW 3.0 CSL
Bricklin
Buick Riviera
Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Caprice
Chrysler New Yorker
Citroen SM
Daimler Pullman (DS420)
Ferrari 365GTB/4
Ferrari 365GT 4
Jaguar XJ6
Jaguar XJS V12
Lamborghini Countach (the proper one - LP400)
Lamborghini Urraco
Lancia Stratos
Lotus Elite (WTF)
Maserati Bora
Mercedes Benz 600
Mercedes Benz 350SE
Mercedes Benz 350SL
Monteverdi Hai 450SS
Monteverdi High Speed 375
Oldsmobile V8
Oldsmobile Cutlass
Panther J72
Pontiac Firebird
Porsche Carrera RS
Rolls Royce Camargue:stickpoke
Rolls Royce Corniche Convertible
I also have the 197? prototype TT's:eek:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
That brings back some memories:)
What no BB?
Some pretty naff American stuff there mixed in with a few good cars(apologies to our American friends;) )

Take them to the concours, we can have a Ferrari Life game of TT's:D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts