Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just coming back from a longer trip to the cote d'azur, I had the following (minor) problem with my GTS:

Often when starting the car the rev counter doesnt work, but after a few kilometers everything works fine again. At the beginning of this trip the same phenomen happened with the speedometer, but the kilometer counter worked fine. It took some 100 kilometers until suddently the speedo woke up and worked fine. A similar thing happenes sometimes to the clock. Either it works fine or it doesnt at all

Does anybody have an advice how to repair or to search for the cause. Is it a bad electrical contact somewhere (and does anybody suggest where)?

Thanks for any hints!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Sounds like a slightly loose or dirty connection. They will work fine until they heat up, the resistance increases so the device stops working, then it cools, the resistance lowers and the device works fine. I really have no advice on how to track it down until it stops working completely. The problem is that the resistance of the connection lowers as it cools, so while you are trying to track it down it fixes itself.

It took me a year to track down a faulty ignition connection on my Jeep. I had gone through everything twice! The Jeep would stall and not restart, seemingly random, wait 10 minutes and it's fine. When it finally stopped working altogether I was able to locate the bad connector, replace it and I haven't had a problem since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts