Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is a subject that comes up from time to time, but I have always hankered after putting a set of these on the 348.

They did them for the GTC but from what I can gather the wheels are no longer made.

Does any one know where I can get a set from, or quality look-a-likes please?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Speedline made most of the Challenge wheels.

They are nice looking but not the most sturdy wheels.

It's actually tough to say where you can get them so a suggestion would be to check eBay and any other sites that deal in parts.

I would search on google for Ferrari wheels, etc. I had a site earmarked from the mid-west that specialized in wheels but can't find it now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been quoted over £5000 GBP for a set ... ouch!

·
Registered
603 Posts
If speedline made them, there is a chance they can make a batch for you.

I think it was a batch of 10??

Might be worth calling up the UK distributor and asking him.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Are you sure?

I was chatting to the UK distributor a while back.

I'll give them a call on monday to check and report back.
Speedline collapsed here in the US about 6 years ago and was bought up by Champion who makes their wheels in japan.

There may be some remnants of Speedline in Europe but it is not the same company from Venice it originally was.

I know quite well because I was the original importer and distributor of Speedline for the US.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Speedline collapsed here in the US about 6 years ago and was bought up by Champion who makes their wheels in japan.

There may be some remnants of Speedline in Europe but it is not the same company from Venice it originally was.

I know quite well because I was the original importer and distributor of Speedline for the US.
hmmmm..........

I called up Speedline in the UK on 26th February 2008.

There website is: http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk

I had a 30 minute discussion with the UK distributor whose name is David Williams. According to him, the wheels are currently made in Italy. They still sell the 355 challenge wheels as new and they still make wheels for Ferrari.

:huh:

Not disputing what you are saying......just posting up what I've been told. :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think Speedline are still in business but they only supply manufacturers now, not the general public, or at least that's what they told me. I've been looking for a set of these for a while too.
CG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts