Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Pontiac Grandprix GTP and today I raced a f355 spyder on collins ave. We went from a stoplight to about the end of my first gear which is around 40mph. Well to make things short we were about even he barely had me by his front tire. My car is not stock but I was surely surprised I kept up with him till then. I know if we wouldve had the chance to take it to higher speeds he wouldve beat me pretty bad. I couldn't really find much info on it in terms of hp and tq. Anyone have any 1/4th mile times?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have a 99 Pontiac Grandprix GTP and today I raced a f355 spyder on collins ave. We went from a stoplight to about the end of my first gear which is around 40mph. Well to make things short we were about even he barely had me by his front tire. My car is not stock but I was surely surprised I kept up with him till then. I know if we wouldve had the chance to take it to higher speeds he wouldve beat me pretty bad. I couldn't really find much info on it in terms of hp and tq. Anyone have any 1/4th mile times?
I read somewhere 0-60 is 5.3 seconds and 1/4 mile was 13.7(this seems kinda high). I found that on a site that is personally owned by someone. It is by no means official. Ferraris aren't about racing in a straight line though. What do you have done to your car? Also, welcome to the forum.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cold air intake with a north star throttle body, ported supercharger with a smaller pulley , colder spark plugs, a full borla exhaust with no cat. My car is good for mid-high 13's so it seems believable. I know ferrari's arent drag cars but I was expecting it lol a 355 cost how much money? While my gtp cost me 6 grand and can be had for cheaper. Not saying anything against the 355 its was awesome loved the sound of it.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I will tell you right now he was not full out

The 300hp 348 does 5.6 a 320 348 does 5.3 a 348 with exhaust and hyperflows 4.8

a 355 with exhaust and hyperflows 4.3

You might of thought you were even, given another few seconds when he hit 8200 rpm goodbye...

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yea, what would you expect from a stock Ferrari? Maybe if you had a stock GTP that would be fair....or maybe put all the parts you have on to the Ferrari and then see how it fairs evenly. Just saying.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will tell you right now he was not full out

The 300hp 348 does 5.6 a 320 348 does 5.3 a 348 with exhaust and hyperflows 4.8

a 355 with exhaust and hyperflows 4.3

You might of thought you were even, given another few seconds when he hit 8200 rpm goodbye...
I'm pretty sure he was full out and how much hp/tq do the 355's make?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, what would you expect from a stock Ferrari? Maybe if you had a stock GTP that would be fair....or maybe put all the parts you have on to the Ferrari and then see how it fairs evenly. Just saying.

Chris
160 grand vs 6grand :p

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
160 grand vs 6grand :p
Well actually the F355 is between 60-100 grand. It is in a completely different league than the GTP. If you put 50 grand into the GTP it still isn't an exotic sports car it is a family sedan. I had a tuned firebird and kept close to a 348, but I would never consider my 6 grand car at the time comparable to the 60 grand 348. Even if I was able to keep up with him. At the end of the day you went home with a GTP and he went home with a F355:p hehe Take her on a track and we'll see where the extra 54k-94k is hiding. BTW the F355 is my favorite car...so...:D

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Oh BTW Jay you should post some pictures of your car. I would like to see it. One of my friends had a GTP about 2 years ago. I would be interested to see the look of it tuned. After reading my comment from above it sounded as if I was calling your car a piece of crap, which was by no means intended. The GTP is a nice car, and for 6 grand with the upgrades that is a good deal. Did you install the parts yourself or did you purchase it like that?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was pretty off. The official times for the F355 spider are: 0-60 is 4.6 sec, 1/4 mile time is 12.9 sec. The F355 has 375 hp and 268 lbs/ft of torque.

Chris

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Welcome to the forums, planning on staying around or did you just want to know about the F355?

It sounds like you have a nice car there too. You'll find we appreciate many more cars here than just Ferraris.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh BTW Jay you should post some pictures of your car. I would like to see it. One of my friends had a GTP about 2 years ago. I would be interested to see the look of it tuned. After reading my comment from above it sounded as if I was calling your car a piece of crap, which was by no means intended. The GTP is a nice car, and for 6 grand with the upgrades that is a good deal. Did you install the parts yourself or did you purchase it like that?

Chris
A friend of mine did all the work xD lets just say. I'm not too mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is a very clean looking GTP. Do you have any pictures of the engine bay and the exhaust?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I love the exhaust. I wanted a Borla for my '98 Firebird that I use to have, but I was short on money and bought a Flowmaster system. Without a cat your car must be unbelievably loud with the Borla:D

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the exhaust. I wanted a Borla for my '98 Firebird that I use to have, but I was short on money and bought a Flowmaster system. Without a cat your car must be unbelievably loud with the Borla:D

Chris
yeah =/ I hear more exhaust then whine xD

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
yeah =/ I hear more exhaust then whine xD
Hey at least you hear something. I am leasing an '07 Cobalt right now, and the only time you hear the engine is at 4-5k rpms and I don't go there often with the gas prices.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'm doing tons of more mods I'm aiming for low 12's high 11's by the end of the summer.
Wow, that would be really fast. What mods do you plan on doing?

Chris

1 - 20 of 50 Posts