Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

I have a nice one for you:

Who can tell me which models do exist of one-off Ferrari's??? I recently bought a Japanese 1/43 scale 'Rainbow' Bertone 308 GT4 from Deica.

That made me wonder if there are any 1:43 scaled Meera S models or any of those one-offs???

I know that expensive BBR and hand-built (kit) models do exist, but I am looking for 'mainstream' models, which often means below the $100 mark.

Thanks,

Niels

·
Registered
255 Posts
Niels,

I just bought the Ferrari 408. A very special model, if I say so myself...
1/43 from the mark Starter. It was already built and I bought it in Maranello...
I also am going to buy (this week) the 308GT4 (I think the one from Polistil, but I'm not sure about that) and the Modulo (also very special I believe...)

both the 308 and the modulo aren't very expencive (35 and 15 euro) but the 408 was a bit more expensive (it was for sale at 140 euro...but I got it for a lower price...!!)

greetz. Waldo
www.forzarossa.nl

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool Waldo,

Didn't know the 408 existed! BTW if you happen to see another GT4 of Polistil for around 15 Euro, please take it with you for me.

thanks,

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Waldo

i'm not really fond on Starter
i find them expensive for the poor quality they deliver
mostly they range between € 70 - 100 and they really need some detail lessons, especially on their rims/wheels
but they do offer some rare cars

·
Registered
255 Posts
Niels,

the 308GT4 was priced at 65 euros, but I got it for 35...that's the max I wanted to give for it..., but it's no 15 euros...

Dirk

I think the rims/ wheels of this model look nice...but your right about the details...some things are a bit rough...but I had never seen a 408 before and I really like it :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Niels,

Just yesterday bought the models: the 308 GT4 (blue) with box, the Modulo (1/35 scale) without box and a brown plastic 330 GTC (not that good miniature but nice for my collection ;) )
For pictures of the Modulo just go to www.forzarossa.nl Will place pictures of the other cars soon.

by the way...he has still some 308 GT4s for sale. Just check this site: www.ascari.nl (he has also one 330 GTC (yellow) and several other nice miniatures for sale)!! (btw you probably know the guy...Ernst from the FCN ;) )

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I know Ernst. Nice guy, but his prices are way up there! I keep checking Ebay for the Polistil GT4, am not in a hurry now and emphasis is placed at the magazines at the moment. But congratulations on the purchases.

Niels

·
Registered
255 Posts
Niels,

just tell him the price you want to pay for it. He doesn't want the models anymore so he will sell them for any reasonable price. I got the bleu 308GT4 (incl. a box) for 35 euros. Think that's not too much. And he has, I think, another 6 308GT4s for sale (one with box, the rest without!).

bytheway, I think that that brown Ferrari is a 330 GTE and not a 330 GTC as I said earlier. Sorry about the stupid mistake... ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will keep it in mind, but then I will see what the marketprices are first. I tried to buy a Cavallino from him (for another) and his asking (after negotiating) was WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY out of market price (50 Euro for issue 44 if I remember correct). He had to lower it at least 80% to be normal priced.

Niels

·
Registered
30 Posts
The best models with BBR quality but inferior price is Look Smart.

There is simply no difference between an MR Collection or a BBR model compared to a Look Smart model in terms of quality. Only the price is quite inferior. However, Look Smart is not reproducing Ferrari's yet and I think... never will.

I'm quite sure that is a BBR transformed kit

About Starter models... There is few references that are very nice and some are compared to a high quality model. But some (depending of the kit and its level of difficulty and feasability) are hard to accomplish a good job. Here is a good example of a high quality Starter/ Provence Moulage model:

And here is an average model:

What is strange with Starter models is that there is models that are very well done and they are less expensive than other models that are less impressive but expensive!

Best regards from Montreal, Marcel brossi.
www.karmodels.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts