Ferrari Life Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I will probably need to do the same thing pretty soon as my speaker just started making that horrid cracking sound with bass. I was actually kind of looking forward to this happening as I'm sure the new pioneer speakers will (hopefully) sound wayyy better.

-Michael
For now go to media settings> crossover> rear loud speakers > set it to 90Hz it will help your speakers survive till you replace them. it will also avoid distorted noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any opinions on a speaker swap on the Scuderia? Given that it has less speakers in it, I didn't know if there was a better option besides the Pioneer TS-A1304C to swap into the enclosure between the seats?
Those Pioneer's are available on Amazon right now, so I can easily snag a pair, but just checking. I don't need it to be outstanding or anything, but I have done several long drives recently and having an audio system you can at least hear a little with the windows down and cruising at highway speeds (as in 90ish ;-)) would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any opinions on a speaker swap on the Scuderia? Given that it has less speakers in it, I didn't know if there was a better option besides the Pioneer TS-A1304C to swap into the enclosure between the seats?
Those Pioneer's are available on Amazon right now, so I can easily snag a pair, but just checking. I don't need it to be outstanding or anything, but I have done several long drives recently and having an audio system you can at least hear a little with the windows down and cruising at highway speeds (as in 90ish ;-)) would be awesome.
Problem is all you have in front is two tweeters aimed down at your feet, horrible design. Best thing would be to find a wrecked 16M, and get the carbon door panels with the JBL mid range and tweeter that are cut into the panels. Sure you could add full range speakers to the rear enclosure, but still, the imaging / sound is coming from behind you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sure you could add full range speakers to the rear enclosure, but still, the imaging / sound is coming from behind you.
So those Pioneers still use the stock tweeters (at least earlier in this post they did I believe...but that was also a 430)...If I were to add 2 full range speakers would I just disconnect the tweeters in the dash? and any idea if that would be preferable to using the stock tweeters that are admittedly flawed?

I don't really care about overall audio experience surrounding me and such...but ya can't even hardly hear the thing :) Like a bluetooth speaker for the iPhone would be better :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
So those Pioneers still use the stock tweeters (at least earlier in this post they did I believe...but that was also a 430)...If I were to add 2 full range speakers would I just disconnect the tweeters in the dash? and any idea if that would be preferable to using the stock tweeters that are admittedly flawed?

I don't really care about overall audio experience surrounding me and such...but ya can't even hardly hear the thing :) Like a bluetooth speaker for the iPhone would be better :)
Would be up to you, or you could keep them active to add a little front image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great thread which has prompted thoughts for of a rear speaker upgrade.

The Pioneer TS-A1304C speakers have gone obsolete in the UK. One UK outfit showed stock online which was not true on order.

Any thoughts on alternate Pioneer options, I have found these online.

PIONEER TS-E1302I
Maximum output power 180 Watt
Nominal output power 35 Watt
Impedance 4Ω
Frequency response 35 – 40,000 Hz
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 88 dB

Pioneer TS-A132Ci
Maximum input power 300 W
Nominal input power 50 W
Impedance 4ohms
Frequency response 48- 32,000 Hz
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 89 dB

Does anyone know the output wiring of the ASK Amp. There are 4 wires, is it 2 x 100W ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
After installing the S-Line exhaust in my 16M, my stereo has yet to be turned on. ;)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I was going to upgrade the speakers in my spider, figuring the improved sound would make me listen to the stereo more. But unless I'm driving around in the city, I just can't bring myself to pick any source other than Exhaust Note....

But I haven't given up on the idea of better speakers one day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After installing the S-Line exhaust in my 16M, my stereo has yet to be turned on. ;)
That's a wonderful quote sir :) Glad your enjoying the pipes.
I just ordered the same Pioneer's as earlier in this thread. We shall see how this goes with just a plug&play. Given my equal affection for the S-Line pipes, it's not like I need a superior sound system...it's just gotta be able to out power that F1 banshee behind me :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
scud audio system

There are lots of options on the scud for audio upgrades all without cutting or modifying the interior. There are solutions for a up to a 10" subwoofer totally hidden.. eithercustom kickpanel pods or mids up under the dash and tweeters in stock location angled. If you are in so cal I can take care of your scud audio and electronics needs...

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 F430 with the HI-FI SOUND SYSTEM (with subwoofer). How do you adjust the treble, bass, balance, etc.? Is there a separate manual?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Subscribed
I have a Scud with JL TW,JL Mids,JL amp and JL clean sweep module and a mini Blue point sub in the front spare wheel no permanent mods amp and integration clean sweep module are attached with double sided tape under the seats..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yellow (-) >> Small socket to the speaker
Blue(+) >> Big socket to the speaker

Red (+) >> Small socket
Black (G) >> Big socket

look at the video, they must work as pistons :

Ferrari F430 woofer pioneer speakers - YouTube
I know this thread is old, but I recently purchased the Pioneer TS-A1305C (newer version of the one previously referenced) and installed in my F430. I followed this wiring exactly, and was extremely disappointed to find there was almost no bass compared to the OEM speaker (before it blew).

I talked to some audio shops and did some reading and learned you do not want to wire the two speakers with opposite polarity to make them work as Pistons (i,e, moving in opposite directions). If you do this, all the low frequencies get canceled out. I reversed the wiring so it looks like this now:

Red (+) >> Big socket
Black (-) >> Small socket

After the change, this sounds better than the OEM and all the bass is back.

Two articles that I found extremely helpful in figuring this out.

Details on the F430 OEM sub and amp:
Ferrari 360 & F430 Hi-Fi Sound System | Aldous Voice

Details on subwoofer wiring when two drivers are sharing an enclosure:
Wiring Subwoofers Correctly

Wanted to share in case anyone else comes across this thread in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this thread is old, but I recently purchased the Pioneer TS-A1305C (newer version of the one previously referenced) and installed in my F430. I followed this wiring exactly, and was extremely disappointed to find there was almost no bass compared to the OEM speaker (before it blew).

I talked to some audio shops and did some reading and learned you do not want to wire the two speakers with opposite polarity to make them work as Pistons (i,e, moving in opposite directions). If you do this, all the low frequencies get canceled out. I reversed the wiring so it looks like this now:

Red (+) >> Big socket
Black (-) >> Small socket

After the change, this sounds better than the OEM and all the bass is back.

Two articles that I found extremely helpful in figuring this out.

Details on the F430 OEM sub and amp:
Ferrari 360 & F430 Hi-Fi Sound System | Aldous Voice

Details on subwoofer wiring when two drivers are sharing an enclosure:
Wiring Subwoofers Correctly

Wanted to share in case anyone else comes across this thread in the future.
Thank you, I found this perfectly helpful

41 - 58 of 58 Posts