Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
stock sub box new speakers

Fyi, in order to get the stock grills back on a special adapter needs to be made and the speakers will need to be recessed . When I did this car we were not using the stock box for subs but for rear fill...

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Here are pictures of removing the spreakers and installing new ones.

>> Funny : Ferrari's top speaker is just a curtain and speaker doesn't have magnet. it's empty! lower one is a cheap low quality paper. it's a must change.

1) Focal : Comes with tweeter on it and you will have to change the grill from original and I didn't want to do so.
2) RCF : the woofer was too strong and the bass and base of the sound was too high.
3) Pioneer : Fit

So the result is only go for high powered speakers if you are changing all speakers.

Now the sound is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks for sharing, nice upgrade!

What the hell? The upper speaker is an empty one??? The lower speaker is indeed of very cheap and poor design, very surprising for such an expensive option.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

I didn't Use the tweeters.

Pioneer TS-A1304C 5" Component Speaker Package
300 Watts Max power (35 Watts Nominal Power)
Carbon Graphite IMPP Cone With interlaced aramid Fiber Provides strength and Rigidity for full-bodied,Rich Sound
Sift Dome Tweeter with Wave Guide for increased Sensitivity
Lightweight elstic polymer surround for high sensitivity
New Grille Design
Smooth off-axis response
28Hz - 29kHz
Sensitivity 89dB

original :

·
Registered
49 Posts

I didn't Use the tweeters.

Pioneer TS-A1304C 5" Component Speaker Package
300 Watts Max power (35 Watts Nominal Power)
Carbon Graphite IMPP Cone With interlaced aramid Fiber Provides strength and Rigidity for full-bodied,Rich Sound
Sift Dome Tweeter with Wave Guide for increased Sensitivity
Lightweight elstic polymer surround for high sensitivity
New Grille Design
Smooth off-axis response
28Hz - 29kHz
Sensitivity 89dB

original :

Thanks for the info, going to order tonight!

Best Regards!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here are pictures of removing the spreakers and installing new ones.

>> Funny : Ferrari's top speaker is just a curtaing and speaker doesn't have magnet. it's empty!

1) Focal : Comes with tweeter on it and you will have to change the grill from original and I didn't want to do so.
2) RCF : the woofer was too strong and the bass and base of the sound was too high.
3) Pioneer : Fit

So the result is only go for high powered speakers if you are changing all speakers.

Now the sound is good.
That is quite usual to have a one passive speaker and one active speaker with a low volume enclosure. It should be sealed and work at constant volume, so the membrane of the passive speaker is moving in phase opposition with the the one of the active speaker.

I hope that you have connected your 2 active speakers so that their membrane move as described above, otherwise the pressure change in the box will dampen the speaker response.
In other words, when the membrane of 1 speaker move outward, the membrane of the other should move inward. The polarity of the speakers should be crossed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is quite usual to have a one passive speaker and one active speaker with a low volume enclosure. It should be sealed and work at constant volume, so the membrane of the passive speaker is moving in phase opposition with the the one of the active speaker.

I hope that you have connected your 2 active speakers so that their membrane move as described above, otherwise the pressure change in the box will dampen the speaker response.
In other words, when the membrane of 1 speaker move outward, the membrane of the other should move inward. The polarity of the speakers should be crossed.
True. but the single speaker which was there was 2 sided. 2 poles. and the single one on the top was just curtain. it can be very useful if both speakers are in an angle. The Ferrari's woofer box as an expensive option doesn't provide a good angle too. some speaker have a curtain at the back and works for them as an exhaust. Ferrari's is all blocked and filled by acoustic.

I got much better quality in base in low and high volume after changing the speaker.

I strongly don't suggest to upgrade the woofer with focal speaker if rest of your speakers (doors and tweeters) are original. I did install focal and it was not working well. I gave them back and gone for pioneer. Their size and power is suitable to be replaced by original Ferrari's.

And I should add when you change the wiring of a single speaker to double. be careful of sides and use sockets for connection. let me now if you need guide on installation.

·
Registered
49 Posts
True. but the single speaker which was there was 2 sided. 2 poles. and the single one on the top was just curtain. it can be very useful if both speakers are in an angle. The Ferrari's woofer box as an expensive option doesn't provide a good angle too. some speaker have a curtain at the back and works for them as an exhaust. Ferrari's is all blocked and filled by acoustic.

I got much better quality in base in low and high volume after changing the speaker.

I strongly don't suggest to upgrade the woofer with focal speaker if rest of your speakers (doors and tweeters) are original. I did install focal and it was not working well. I gave them back and gone for pioneer. Their size and power is suitable to be replaced by original Ferrari's.

And I should add when you change the wiring of a single speaker to double. be careful of sides and use sockets for connection. let me now if you need guide on installation.
Pooya,

Getting ready to install the Pioneers.....can you post the guide for wiring?

Thanks,

Stew

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will probably need to do the same thing pretty soon as my speaker just started making that horrid cracking sound with bass. I was actually kind of looking forward to this happening as I'm sure the new pioneer speakers will (hopefully) sound wayyy better.

-Michael

21 - 40 of 58 Posts