Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am under the assumption that my 911 turbo is faster than most Ferrari's except the F40, F50, and the Enzo. I want to find out. I know Ferrari's will top out at really close to 200mph and so will mine. I know this sounds a little stupid, but I thought it would be really cool to see 2 exotic European sport cars on the e-way at the same time racing. Lets find out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
racing

I would agree with you, I am a strong believer in keeping racing on the tracks but I do not have any tracks around here that I am aware of. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry to break this to you but a 550 is much quicker than a 911 turbo, top speed is about the same but you will get outrun to it. I ought to know as I use to run a 930 Slope (factory) with twin turbos, got a ticket at 186 mph and lost my license for a year to prove it. All of the 550/575's I have driven, and am still looking for the right one to buy, have been considerably quicker than anything except my stroked 550bhp/540trq C4 vette and my old Viper 650R.
Mikel

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
the 911 turbo can´t stand against the 550 or the 575

it is supposed to fight the 360 Modena

and in that fight, I think the Porsche wins

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
collegeman1984 said:
Well see I stand corrected, I thought it would keep up, but I guess I was wrong.
well, I´m sure the F430 is able to kick your Porsche´s @zz... :lol:

the 360 can´t keep up, but the 430 is just too much for the 420cv of the 911 Turbo

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
collegeman1984 said:
which one of these do you have?
I don´t have any, but I would buy the Porsche, if I was shopping for a car like that

I think the F430 is a better car, but it is just too expensive, in my opinion

the Porsche has a more reasonable price, I guess, for what it offers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would agree I too would rather have the F430 but then again I cant afford it either. But if I had the money for that then I would rather buy the Porsche carrera gt.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, for sure the best would be to have money to buy them all, so that it wouldn´t be necessary to make a choice :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I think the Koenigsegg CC beats em all. Like it should :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
The unfortunate thing is twin turbo, stroked Vipers outrun almost ANYTHING on the street but that still does not keep it from being a POS...the fastest car is not necessarily the best car........

Mikel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But to me it is. I love having the best car and the fastest car. Whcich is why I would choose the best european or best american. I have to say the new z06 is bad ass and any car that runs low 12's is fast and to compare with the suprecars is nuts. GM has finally done it right. I would love to buy one of these. However, It takes a year to get one. In that case I would take a Porsche gt any day. Bruce

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, it is very different to be the fastest in acceleration than being the fastest in a circuit

I admire cars like Lotus, TVR, etc, because they have small engines, but are VERY fast in tracks

on the other hand, a turbo charged Viper must be amazing in drag racing

it is a different concept of being fast, I admire them all

Mikel, I don´t consider the Viper a POS... do you? why??

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can only speak for the Gen II Viper and as a previous owner of a GTS 650R I can tell you it is the most uncomfortable, and miserable car to drive that I have ever owned. A/C never worked right, for every bump in the road you felt like your spine was being pushed through your rectum, throttle steering as opposed to traction and bounced my head off of the headliner constantly. It is a very rough car all together, as in both build and ride. But damn it was fast, and the twin turbos were much faster both in the 1/4 mile and on the track. The Gen 3 is supposed to be much better but I am done with Vipers.

Mikel

·
Registered
244 Posts
:eek: that's insane
it's a miracle that 275 didn't smashed into one of those trucks (and other cars + pedestrians)

but still, it's pretty cool

1 - 20 of 24 Posts