Im looking to get a 1999 Ferrari Modena coupe

What should I look for when I go to talk to the sales agent

its going for 130k with 12000miles

is it a good deal

much appreciated.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site, is the car a manual or F1? The price is reasonable. Best advice is to have a mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection of the car before you buy it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have another question. i dont keep cars for very long :)

is it fairly difficult to sell a ferrari if its in excellent or good condition? i probably would drive it 2000 miles a year if that.

i dont want to be stuck with something :) I would sell it at a good price of course.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
i have another question. i dont keep cars for very long :)

is it fairly difficult to sell a ferrari if its in excellent or good condition? i probably would drive it 2000 miles a year if that.

i dont want to be stuck with something :) I would sell it at a good price of course.
It is the most desired car on the planet with a 3 year wait listing. Selling isn't a problem, even water damaged Ferraris sell.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't own a Ferrari but my opinion is that an F1 transmission would be really fun to drive, but when I get one, I will probably look towards the Manuals because it seems that it would have more of a hands on feel with the clutch and shifter. Of Course F1 would give better performance...

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Drive both is the best advice then decide. The F1 is faster for shifting but personal taste for having a gated shifter might out-weight the benefit in your mind.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
i guess i will go with stick :)
Good choice. I really think with the stick you get more of the sportscar feel out of it. The man-machine interface. You are more a part of the machine. You push the clutch to disengage the engine from the transmission, you select the next gear. The paddle is faster true, but does that really matter for us non-racers that only occasionally engage in "spirited driving"? What matters more to me is the feel, not the 0.5 seconds shaved off the clock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Maserati with the Cambiocorsa trans (identical to the ferrari F1 trans) and it is very nice but I just love the thwack that you get banging gears with a gated shifter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not really a racer so F1 isnt for me :)

i mean i give her a push sometimes but thats it..i dont intend to race :)

im a cruiser. i like to keep her healthy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts