Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

just for fun-statistic-info:

The most popular car colour in Dubai is white. More than 50% cars are white !!!
You see a VW, Ford and also Hummer, Porsche Cayenne or even a Ferrari in white ...

Cheers
Bernd

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
90roadster, I believe it is because white is the color of humility in their culture

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
welcome sir, thats an interesting statistic, it must be due to the hot weather conditions of Dubai
That's the first thing I thought too.....lol
leave it to alpine to set us staight.:p thanks

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The F430 looks very nice in white, I'm sure it has to due with the weather also.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Humiltity in a F430 - interesting concept.
Yes, very interesting! And if you search a little bit around the web you'll see that it also applies to Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins and all sorts of exotics.

Very funny, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I like the white also. I didn't know about white being the color of humility but I do know it does keep the car cooler. Plus white is easier to keep clean than the darker colors. Silver is the best low-maintenance color, I think white is second.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I like the white also. I didn't know about white being the color of humility but I do know it does keep the car cooler. Plus white is easier to keep clean than the darker colors. Silver is the best low-maintenance color, I think white is second.
not sure I agree, "invisible" friend (your "light" is red)

my parents have a white car and it is a pain in the @$$ to keep it clean

a simple light rain is enough to make it look... brown!

but silver is the best low-maintenance color, you got that right!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Well here in Maine they salt the roads in the winter to melt the ice. If you have a dark vehicle the salt dust shows up immediately. It doesn't show up on a white car. I would assume the light colored sand in Dubai would be the same. On a dark vehicle you would always see the dust, it won't really show up on a lighter vehicle.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Silver is definitely the best colour to keep clean. I've had the MB for just over 4 months, driven 4600 miles in the damp English winter, left it outside in all weathers. I had never cleaned it until Monday this week and it doesn't look much different now it is clean.
I used to have a white car, it was horrible to keep clean, in the Uk we get really dirty dark grey/black road spray from tyre rubber and exhaust polution when it rains.

Silver and dark metallic grey are the easiest colours to keep clean - no wonder 10 out of 12 of mine and my wife's my last daily cars have been silver or grey.

The grey also matches the British climate:(

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well here in Maine they salt the roads in the winter to melt the ice. If you have a dark vehicle the salt dust shows up immediately. It doesn't show up on a white car. I would assume the light colored sand in Dubai would be the same. On a dark vehicle you would always see the dust, it won't really show up on a lighter vehicle.
I have seen a couple of white 430s and think it actually works quite well. Here is a recent picture of a white 430 Challenge.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts