Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
best thread yet

I love this thread keep the trivia coming! I'll come up with a few myself.

1. What caused the creation of the 250 GTO?

2. Name 3 of the 7 I-4-cyl Ferraris (I only know this because I've been making the models section)?

3. Which Ferrari (and car for that matter) spent the most time in the wind tunnel (a little easy)?

4. Which Ferrari was designed by Enzo (another easy one)?

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
TimN88 said:
The question about the ferrari naming isnt entirely correct. Alot of 12 cyl ferraris used unitary displacement. A recent example is the 456. 456cc x 12=5472cc=~5.5L Tht 365, 330, 250, 166, 400, 412, etc all were named this way.
Isn't this the same as what Tifosi_boy said? I thought he said cubic centemeter displacement is used for most. Which could mean total or per cylinder.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
250lm said:
Now we are talking toplevel!

Very hard ones indeed!

Lets try some (again without the books), pretty sure many are wrong, so don't give away the answers yet!

1) It was developed out of the SWB and was made for race homologation purposes.

2) 750 Monza, 500 Mondial, 857S ????

3) Probably the Modulo.

4) Didn't know he designed one, but probably the 125.

As I said, I would like to know the right answers :ex:

Niels
Answers
1. The Federation Internationale de l"Automobile was tired of Ferrari supremacy in sports car racing. A new rule was made, the World Champion would be for Grand Tourers only and of course this was Aston Martins and Jaguars field. So you had the birth of the 250 GTO

2. Yes to the 750 Monza, Yes for the 500 Mondial, 857S?(not sure what this is)

3. The 360 Modena

4. 250 GTO
----------------------------------------
Can anyone finish number 2?

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
TimN88 said:
most time in the wind tunnel? easy- F2002, street car was 360 (5000hrs),not sure if it is anymore. its probably the enzo now.
designed by enzo? wasnt that everything pre-348? he at leas had a hand in developing them
Perhaps I should have been more specific, I meant the design of the body not the entire car. As far as the design goes (sketching the body on paper etc), he had some say but the designs were not his. The 250 GTO was completely sketched by Enzo himself.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
250lm said:
Are you sure about the GTO being designed by Enzo? I thought Giotto Bizzarrini had a great hand in that one as wel as Fiorovanti ???

As for the 857s, it is a fifties sports racer, I think the Carrera Panamerica was won with one. The only two 4 cylinders I know are the Monza and the Mondial, so now I am taking a wild guess at a 500 F2.

Niels
Yes you are 100% correct about Bizzarrini and Fiorovanti, in fact according the book I read Enzo went to them with the project and told them what needed to be done. But it was Enzo himself that drew the body panels on paper. They just did all the other stuff chassis, engine etc. Again I should have been more specific and said he drew the cars body. Another of the 7 I-4s is the 500 Testa Rossa. Still 4 to name.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
Peter could stump us

Hummm.... I wonder where Peter is. I bet he could do level 10 trivia. That guy knows all the engine codes and will have us all scratching our heads in puzzlement. Ok I'll start another one I'm not sure this is a higher level.

1. What catalyst event happened on the internet in Nov of 2001 to allow Ferrari Owners and fans to talk Ferrari? :D

2. Which Ferrari road car has the largest production number ever (ie, the number made)

3. What does the O in 250 GTO stand for?

4. What U.S. car company led to the development of the P series (275/330 P, P2, P3 and P4, hint: around 1965)

5. Who at Pininfarina designed the 288 GTO, & how many were built.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
250lm said:
Since it is winter time and the championship are in the pocket again some F1 related questions again:
5) How many Ferrari Indycars were built and what was their best result?
Only one Indy car was made and in never saw a race. It was a prototype and built as a means of twisting arms at F1 with the fear of Ferrari leaving F1.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
ForzaRossa said:
:)
1961 was the year of the "palast uprising" at Ferrari and also top engineer Giotto Bizzarini left Enzo. With the help of Neri and Bonacini for the mechanical work he remanufactured this 2819 for Volpi's Scuderia to an almost 250 GTO.
Very good. It was originally going to be a GTO but they couldn't deliever so it became this. Nice job.

· Administrator
6,317 Posts
Re: a new one for people with humanistic education ;-)

trevi said:
which one of the ancient greek gods would be the god for ferrari and why?

trevi
That's easy. It is based on perception.

Zeus because he was the King of all the gods and Ferrari is the king of all cars :green:

Aphrodite because she was the godess of love and everyone falls in love with Ferrari and the are second only to women.

Athena, the reason the Greeks built the Acropolis, she was both the godess of crafts, arts, and war (Ferraris are beautifully designed).

Hephaestus, also a god of crafts but for metal, Ferraris are crafts of metal.

I didn't study Greek mythology but I did take two classes of Greek art and architecture, and lets just say every ash ern, pot and relief sculpture was about the gods or heros. Very interesting actually to learn how religion is probably the most influential thing in all societies for the ages and how it shaped art, buildings etc. Old art was never "inspired" (by marjiuana that is) in the past, it was all to record their history until recently. sorry for the tangent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.