Ferrari Life Forum banner

201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I like the fact everyone wants to make this place better.

How about we designate an expert or sponsor for each area.

I think this would add a lot of value to the leader of that group and the readers.

Terry Stef Boxer Mike and so on - the guys who know the most about that group head up that area and take charge.

Aside with welcoming every new member with a greeting - in the event it's an owner the leader of the group can engage and welcome that owner into the designated model discussion area.

Terry has done this with great success - all the guys who valued his knowledge have been coming in here in search of their mentor.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I am nominating myself for backroom lounge. being an expert and all......:crowngrin:

we can make redtr politics :yikes::yikes::yikes:
Brings up another point - why are these two areas so secretive?

One out of two ain't bad :)

They should be listed but in a faded section where it entices people to join or at least become curious about what they are missing.

I am asked often if it's worth joining vs being a unpaid registered member.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good points on the sections. Never a easy thing to do to divide the models up.

What if it was done:

Enzo Era Cars - 166, 212, 250, 275, 330, & 365
Dinos - 206 & 246
Mid Engine V12s - 365BB, 512BB, Testarossa, 512TR, & 512M
Front Engine Injected V12s - 400, 456, 550, 575, 612, 599, & FF
70s & 80s V8s - 308, 328,& Mondial
90s V8s - 348 & F355
Modern V8s - 360, 430, 458
Supercars - 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo
Boxer- That looks good except the 400 belongs with the rest of the 60 deg V12s and not the 65 deg V12s. Lots of commonality between the 365 GT4 2+2 and the 400 series.
Yes and yes.

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Boxer, Andrew- We need to add the California to the modern V8s. It actually shares parts with the 458.

We also need to add the FF and F12 to the front engine V12s, or give them their own section like "direct injection V12s".

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
There was a racing section a long time ago. Never got much traffic.
A long time ago....?
In the very recent past we have had one post on the new F1 car as well as the Australian GP.
These two posts have each drawn a fair amount of views and comments.

Maybe now is the opportune time to re introduce a dedicated F1 section?

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Boxer- I see them now. Good job. Must be fairly new because the font is different from the old stand-bys. I like that organization.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Maybe now is the opportune time to re introduce a dedicated F1 section?
I agree. Somewhere to chat before and after each race, and somewhere to keep all the spoilers in one place for those who don't watch F1 live.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It is very rare that I get to watch a race live - hell, even practice for that matter. So there was a place where I could go keep abreast of the details of the latest race, that'd be cool -even if there were opinion and what, I'd be down with that just so long as facts remained in tact.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Design in general with emphasis on pics

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I could run a query to try and get the data. To 'wake this place up' as the title says, requires a certain critical mass to be reached. We have a steady amount of posts per day and have for last 3+ years. You just won't get the 50+ replies in 15 minutes you get at other places. We'll get there.
Yes we will :)

201 - 220 of 234 Posts