Ferrari Life Forum banner

181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I think the wiki or whatever it is that goes off site and not on daily posts takes a lot of activity away from the board.

It would be a lot better to have some kind of posted thread where it could be viewed and discussed instead of archived with no interaction ... my .02

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
I think the wiki or whatever it is that goes off site and not on daily posts takes a lot of activity away from the board.

It would be a lot better to have some kind of posted thread where it could be viewed and discussed instead of archived with no interaction ... my .02
Agree, it needs to all be interactive.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts

Agree, it needs to all be interactive.
Shows how much I know. What's 'the wiki'?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Shows how much I know. What's 'the wiki'?
hahahaha ... I only know because they are discussed in a few threads.

I have no clue how to find them either.

Boxer will figure out a way to integrate and insert into daily postings - the guys who discuss posting in that section are top shelf assets to this place.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I can't believe the amount of content when I log into FLife.

New members are showing up daily and the greeting posts are incredibly genuine.

The project threads are ridiculously well done.

Let's keep the momentum going - we have a very strong core group here to build from.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
183 Posts
.......... I am still trying to get a feel for the thread/section format here :eek: ......... is there a place to post mods/projects about specific models? or is that area an entire section with mods/projects for ALL models?

If sections are separated by models or not .......... would/should ALL performance mods be sectioned together?? ie basic interior/chassis upgrades, suspension, aerodynamics and drivetrain?

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Oz- You could post it in either the Rebuilds/Modifications forum or the Pre-99 V8 forum, whichever you think best suits your projects on your F355.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
.......... I am still trying to get a feel for the thread/section format here :eek: ......... is there a place to post mods/projects about specific models? or is that area an entire section with mods/projects for ALL models?

If sections are separated by models or not .......... would/should ALL performance mods be sectioned together?? ie basic interior/chassis upgrades, suspension, aerodynamics and drivetrain?
Oz go ahead and post it wherever you feel comfortable - if it's wayy off the big guy will put it where it belongs.

IMO - project and modification threads make for the best content.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oz- You could post it in either the Rebuilds/Modifications forum or the Pre-99 V8 forum, whichever you think best suits your projects on your F355.
....... cool! I wil check out that Re/Mod forum :)

Oz go ahead and post it wherever you feel comfortable - if it's wayy off the big guy will put it where it belongs.

IMO - project and modification threads make for the best content.
........ +355 ........ I agree .......... thanks for the tip!! :D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts

If it's a major project, or lots of upgrades, I would put it into the Projects area. If it were simply an upgraded exhaust and no other changes, the Modern V8 section.

·
Registered
212 Posts
am I missing something ? I am not seeing any discussion about the current California. There is no visible designator to find the model, is it that well hidden or just not there.

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
No FF, either, but we will get there. Will probably need a front engine V8 category and DI V12 category soon, especially with the 599 replacement coming out in Winter 2011/2012.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If it's a major project, or lots of upgrades, I would put it into the Projects area. If it were simply an upgraded exhaust and no other changes, the Modern V8 section.
ok that makes great sense :)! ....... I agree the Re/Mod forum appears to capture entire endeavors as they progress ....... the segregated model forum seems like the place for 'to the point' mods/upgrades ...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Some thoughts

Been a while since I've been on here and sections look as though they have been moved around. I started a thread on my car (365GTC/4) some time ago and it took a while to find it. It's now listed under the 2+2 section which also includes Mondials. Doesn't make much sense to me as these cars share nothing in common. I would have thought dividing the sections into say Carby V12, Carby V8, Injected V12 etc would make more sense. The old set up was better IMO.Anyway I feel the current set up detracts from the site as for me anyway it seems harder to find or browse areas of interest

I also tend to use my iphone mostly when looking at chat sites and I have found Tapatalk great for browsing Ferrari chat. Also makes posting pics quite easy. I could not find this site on tapatalk and I would definitely be on here more often if it was

Just my 2cents

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Been a while since I've been on here and sections look as though they have been moved around. I started a thread on my car (365GTC/4) some time ago and it took a while to find it. It's now listed under the 2+2 section which also includes Mondials. Doesn't make much sense to me as these cars share nothing in common. I would have thought dividing the sections into say Carby V12, Carby V8, Injected V12 etc would make more sense. The old set up was better IMO.Anyway I feel the current set up detracts from the site as for me anyway it seems harder to find or browse areas of interest

I also tend to use my iphone mostly when looking at chat sites and I have found Tapatalk great for browsing Ferrari chat. Also makes posting pics quite easy. I could not find this site on tapatalk and I would definitely be on here more often if it was

Just my 2cents
Good points on the sections. Never a easy thing to do to divide the models up.

What if it was done:

Enzo Era Cars - 166, 212, 250, 275, 330, & 365
Dinos - 206 & 246
Mid Engine V12s - 365BB, 512BB, Testarossa, 512TR, & 512M
Front Engine Injected V12s - 400, 456, 550, 575, 612, 599, & FF
70s & 80s V8s - 308, 328,& Mondial
90s V8s - 348 & F355
Modern V8s - 360, 430, 458
Supercars - 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Boxer- That looks good except the 400 belongs with the rest of the 60 deg V12s and not the 65 deg V12s. Lots of commonality between the 365 GT4 2+2 and the 400 series.

·
Administrator
15,138 Posts
Boxer- That looks good except the 400 belongs with the rest of the 60 deg V12s and not the 65 deg V12s. Lots of commonality between the 365 GT4 2+2 and the 400 series.
I made the cut based on injected vs carb. Which makes more sense? Tough call given that 365 GT4 2+2 - 412 is a series but not sure how much a 412 has in common with a 250.

181 - 200 of 234 Posts