Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into Larry’s place. He is at his bench working. He tells me he is replacing the fuel pumps of a car. I asked “How many miles are on the car.” He said “It has less than 500 miles. “What happen?” I asked. “Well, the additives our gasoline now has rots the rubber. The new ones have a different rubber compound so it will not happen again.” Larry says.

“Which car is it” I asked pointing to the various Ferraris sitting in his shop. He said “The green 456 convertible.” “Oh, the owner had someone take the top off of it.” I said. Boy, I thought I am so smart since Ferrari did not make any spyders of the 456.

“Wrong, Bart. Ferrari made this. It was not done by anyone but the factory in Italy. Ferrari does do many interesting things for the Sultan.” Larry stated.

I then looked at the dark green 456 with RHD and an automatic. The car was very clean with 467 miles on the odometer. The gas tank was in the back, not where it normally would be.

Today I saw a Ferrari which I did not think was ever made. Since it was made by Ferrari and not a chop shop, it had great value.

How many times do you get to see a special one-of Ferrari?

:)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I believe there were four (4) 456 convertibles made plus a GTS version for Shaquille O'Neil!

About 3 years ago I believe it was Sheehan that had a beautiful red one for sale .

The problem is that the body suffers slightly from body movement stability as a result of the conversion.

I doi not believe Ferrari did them. It was an outside firm approved by Ferrari. Not fully sure on that though.

Very neat to see one, however.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I wish I could see one on the metal, it must look pretty good with the top down.

But less than 500 miles!?!?!?!? Come on, I put 3000 km on my new bike in 10 days, DRIVE that thing................

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Bart

Was that the in-tank fuel pump?

I understand those are a problem when fuel degrades their ruberized mounts and then it gets into everything.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very cool story. It would be very neat to see one in person.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I may have saved some of those pictures but they would be on my office computer.

I will check in the morning.

It was very good looking- rosso corsa with tan.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was able to find a picture of the car Bart was talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts