Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a nice drive up I-5. Boring. My wife and I stay at a motel in Vacaville waiting for the birthday party for a high school friend. He was turning 60. WOW.

Saturday, we drove into Napa and stopped at many wineries. Yes, I did drink a few glasses of the wine. It was late afternoon, we were going back to the motel to get ready for the party. My wife wanted to stop at the Jelly Belly factory to buy some Jelly Bellys. OK. As I drove into the parking lot, the car went to idle. Nuts, my throttle cable broke. Wonderful, it is so much fun to drive a 550 at 3 – 4 mph. After parking it, I got permission to leave the thing there until Monday morning. They have cameras and security. My 550 is safe.

Great. Now I had to rent a car for the rest off the weekend. On Monday at 6:00 a.m., I had it towed to San Rafael, which is not a short distance from the Jelly Belly factory. I had talked to the service manager of Ferrari of San Francisco about my problem on Saturday. He told me NOT to leave the car at the service area, as it is not a nice place.

He was right. Anyway, I was lucky. They had a throttle cable for the beast. I was able to begin my drive home by 11:30 a.m. today. I did get to see the football game from New Orleans from the second quarter on.

The service in San Francisco was great. I was lucky.

:)

PS: my wife still does not like the 550. I do not understand why.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Possibly ...?

Bart, could it be possible that your wife is sensing that all of your attention is directed to your beast instead of her ? An issue for pondering as you sip your wine. Seriously, thank you for sharing your experiences w/ all of us. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Jelly Belly

Hey Bart, thanks for the education. After reading your post I now know what a "Jelly Belly" is !! :)
A quick "google" search and a visit to www.jellbelly.com and now I know that - "The Jelly Belly Candy Co. makes more than 100 mouthwatering candies, including such delights as chocolates, gummies, sour candies, and confections for all the major seasons, and of course, the world's #1 gourmet jelly bean."
Every time I log on to www.ferrarilife.com, I come away having learnt something new. :)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
sad

Was anyone else sad enough to notice that my last post was #348 ? Even my wife saw "512" written somewhere and said, "Is that not a Ferrari ?" :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marlin,
Now you aim for a 355 posting. When you get lucky, you will get to 550.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts