Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work, my daughter and I are going out to get some food. She helps me take the cover off the car. She says, “Dad, you had a visit from a very big bird.”

My question is it better to cover the car and have a cleaning bill for the cover or just wash the crap off the car?

:cry:

·
Registered
770 Posts
As long as you don't leave it on there long enough to do any damage to the paintwork - which as you use your car all the time, you're not likely to - definitely better to clean it off the car.

Even better still - park it in the garage!! :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Bazil is right, a garage would be best. Where are you parking it at work? Is it in an open parking lot? The cover will protect the entire car from the sun. That's the important part. Not the bird droppings.

There are many different car covers out there of varying quality. My cover is just a dust cover (car is garage kept). I have not had to launder it yet, but I'm pretty sure it will fit in the washing machine. When I'm home I leave the cover off. When I go away for a few weeks, the cover goes on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Two options:

(1) 12 guage

(2) Cover. I drove my sweetie to work once (never again). I covered it. I said I was showing off the new cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts