Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Al, no I'm not taking the Fcar, I don't want to run the risk of it over heating if I'm in a traffic jam for 6 hrs:(
Anyway, I'm on a corporate freebie and want to make the most of the free bar :D
I'm going with a colleague, and the price he is paying for me giving him my spare ticket is that he drives.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al, no I'm not taking the Fcar, I don't want to run the risk of it over heating if I'm in a traffic jam for 6 hrs:(
Anyway, I'm on a corporate freebie and want to make the most of the free bar :D
I'm going with a colleague, and the price he is paying for me giving him my spare ticket is that he drives.
You have a great deal of class sir:D :D

On practice, I hear that Lewis is fastest in the Mcrrari:drive:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Are you sure he wasn't in a FcLaren;)

I'm sure it will be fantastic, my ticket and VIP pass ...etc arrived by courier today, it's like being a kid waiting for Christmas.

Only problem is my divided loyalties, who do I support?

A) My fellow countryman in our home GP

or B) Super Aguri;)

sorry, B) FERRARI:)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
super aguri all the way!! hehehehehe

give me a break, you should support Massa and his Ferrari, and you know it! ;-)

FORZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Now that Hikki Mikannen has ended his contract with McLaren and started driving for Ferrari and Hamilton is driving a Ferclaren it doesn't seem to matter who you support - as long as Massa wins ! Call me Britalian :)

PS. Enjoy your day Archie, if you'd have asked, I would have been your chauffeur :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Now that Hikki Mikannen has ended his contract with McLaren and started driving for Ferrari and Hamilton is driving a Ferclaren it doesn't seem to matter who you support - as long as Massa wins ! Call me Britalian :)

PS. Enjoy your day Archie, if you'd have asked, I would have been your chauffeur :)
Hehe, there was no shortage of volunteers to chauffeur me.
When my colleagues found out that the very, very, very kind people at Santander (Abbey/Scot Prov - Sorry about the plug, but they probably deserve it) had given me 2 free hospitality tickets, everyone wanted to be my best friend.

Do you think that Ferclaren or McLari, whatever they are called now will but the scuderia shields on the side of the car;)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Got my seat booked in front of the telly for tomorrow.
I'd like to see Hamilton win just to see Alonso's reaction.
Ideally it'll be a dead heat between Massa and Hamilton :) with Räikkönen third.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Good result for Kimi, I'm really pleased for him. Massa did well to come back from starting on the pit lane, but his race was over before it started, that will teach him to take his foot off the clutch.

Just got back from Silverstone, the photo's aren't great. I haven't figured out how to take photo's of objects moving at 180 MPH. These are poor but are the best that I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Some more photo's from Silverstone. By the time I'd pressed the button on my camera the cars had whizzed past:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
archie, great pics!! it's very hard to take pics of F1 cars and planes, you did good with that

can't believe you were there, you're so lucky!!!

and Massa's engine stall was not his fault, remember that there are no clutch pedals in the modern F1 cars

a shame that the championship has McLaren (or whatever you call that team with the silver car) written all over it, but at least it seems that Ferrari is the best car again

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The traffic was bad getting in. We hit the Silverstone traffic at 8.00 AM on the A43 about 5 miles from Silverstone and it took another hour an half to get parked up.

Coming out was simple, rather than staying for the other races and events, we decided to leave about 10 min after the race and avoid the rush, it took 15 minutes to get back to the A43 and it was plain sailing from there, I was back at my house within an hour of setting off:)

The hospitality was great, and the grandstand seating on the inside bend of Copse was spectacular, I'm very grateful to my friends at Abbey/Scot Prov (Santander) for the freebie.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but there's no way I would have paid £900 for the ticket though !!!!! If I go again, I'd go with the normal fans and enjoy the atmosphere. When you're on a corporate do, you have to be polite and talk business with your hosts. Mortgages and insurance are boring enough Mon - Fri, without having to talk about them on a Sunday !!!!!

All in all a great day out, and I realise that I was very lucky:D

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Results

well, results of course done:

- too bad about Massa,
- GREAT about bad*ss Massa what a race

- Kimi ... nice race.

- alonso , bad move on fule but worth the risk

- I like LH, but he looked down on results...good to re-check reality at the
finish line.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Lewis did look a bit down at only finishing 3rd.
In the UK the whole of the press and majority of the public have built him up so much and expect massive things from him this year.
They should give the poor guy a break. He's only 22 yrs old has only raced in 9 GP, yet they expect him to be world champ in his 1st season. What he has achieved so far, 9 podium finishes in 9 races (inc 2 wins) is fantastic, beyond anyone's expectation back in March. However, they expect him to win the championship now, any thing less will be seen as failure.
If anyone should be feeling the pressure it's Alonso, double world champ being taught how to drive by a rookie.

Kimi and Massa were very fast yesterday, Ferrari are a real challenge to McLaren again. Kimi had a great drive, pressuring Lewis and Alonso all the way. Massa did brilliantly to finish 5th after his pit lane start.

The Ferrari's looked awesome going around that track 25 feet in front of me.

However, I'm tipping Kimi to be WC this year, 2 wins in a row should have boosted his confidence levels and now we can see what he is really capable of.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I don't think the same way you do, archie

to me, it seems that Hamilton will win the championship, he has a GREAT advantage over the other 3 main drivers, and he is so very regular, ALWAYS on the podium collecting a lot of points

but if Hamilton doesn't win, for whatever reason, I think Massa would be the champion, I really think that he is the man that is putting the show every weekend, with great races even when everything is against him, like in Silverstone

but well, all we can do is wait and hope that Ferrari keeps up with McLaren

FORZA!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts