Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hi,

Great photos.

Here are some options:

1. Pay to sponsor the site and then post this kind of stuff

2. Don't pay but stop spamming the site with these links

3. Just upload the photos on here with our nice attachment feature

This applies to all our network of sites.

Cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was about to post links to side-by-side pictures taken with my 550 and a 599 loaned to me for a few hours, but apparently these are not welcome on this board ?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
ze_shark,

Let's be reasonable. This user has posted 3 post all saying the same exact message and on all our sites (see below). Of course links to photos are welcome just not constant spam.

Other post from same user:

http://www.astonmartinlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108

(I got tired of deleting the repeat post).

If links really bothered me I wouldn't allow links in signature like yours (unlike FerrariChat that charges $20/year? lame). I don't mind links one bit, just don't appreciate constant spam.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I was about to post links to side-by-side pictures taken with my 550 and a 599 loaned to me for a few hours, but apparently these are not welcome on this board ?
What I believe Andrew's policy is, is that in general private links and pictures are more than welcome. However posters who are specifically putting links into posts to drive traffic to their sites, are not welcome. From what I have seen the picture (file size and format) and links policy is far more liberal here than on other Auto sites.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fair enough. The one which is a real shocker to me is actually this one. Never thought my 550 would look as big as a Lancia Stratos one day ...
Size aside, the 599 is absolutely ballistic to drive, and does not feel a bit overpowered. The way they managed to design such a big barge to retain it's composure with a 620hp V12 is simply a feat. You can pound on the Fiorano in a way you would not think possible of such a hypercar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts