Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would be careful if you don't know what all were replaced and why. All seem to be o.k. but I would wanna know why the valves were replaced? It is possible that the belt broke or one of the variators gave up... If it's all been fixed I would want to know what parts went into the engine and if they are the latest and the greatest from Ferrari. Some parts have been updated several times due to reliability issues, just becareful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The variators are being replaced by FNA for all US cars within a ceratin vin range. This does not apply to Euro cars. The updated variators are materialli different than the ones made in 2001 and should signify a blue or a green dot. If only one bank on variator has been replaced the other bank must be replaced as well with the new updated version. The timing belt tensioners also are being replaced by factory.

I don't know about the flywheel, are you sure it wasn't the ring gear. There was an update to make the ring gear more secure and safe and has 6 bolts instead of three originally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts