Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, the boss (wifey) gave me two hours off from baby duty to go through to the annual SEFAC Ferrari day at Kyalami GP circuit - So I loaded the booster seat into the 308, grabbed my three year old daughter and off we went.

The event was superbly put together - it really gets better every year.

There must have been more than 150 cars there including several 360 & 430 Challenge cars, a 355 Challenge car, around five 430 Scuderias.

The day consisted of several track sessions divided into different classes as well as the annual parade lap and a race. For the SEFAC invitees, the pits were cordoned off with a sit-down lunch for all.

One very interesting car on display was the 2008/9 A1 GP car that is essentially the 2004 Ferrari F1 chassis. I am intrigued by this car as seeing that there will be a significant number made for the A1 GP series, one would think that the possibility of owning a genuine Ferrari GP car will become much more of a reality than chasing ex F1 cars at mad prices.

I have attached a few pics that I took from the day. My daughter really liked the red race car (three year old technical description) and wanted to sit in it!

The SWB race car is not an original but looks and sounds spectacular.

Kind regards

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Awesome

Looks like a good day..:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
fantastic pictures and sounds like a great day. Glad to see you are introducing your daughter to motorsports at an early age. My son was about 3 when I took him to his first car show and race meet. He's 5 and a half now and completely hooked. He doesn't watch any kids TV at all, everything is cars or motorsport related. This weekend he watched F3, GP2 qualifying and both races, F1 practice, qualifying and the races (plus the re-runs at www.itv.com/f1) with the occasional re-run of Top Gear thrown in on the Dave TV channel. The only time we left the house was to go to our local kart circuit so that he could watch the big boys race. He's not tall enough yet to be allowed to have a go:(

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is cool to expose the young'ns to our passions. My daughter loves the podium ceremonies especially in Moto GP where she says "they spray the girls with champagne". She knows Ferrari and was very excited to speak to her best friend (the neighbour's kid) on the phone yesterday and tell her that she went to Ferrari day!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
nice pictures, and what a great way to take a break from the baby duty! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts