Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, my 1st post on this forum, found it on Google if anyone is wondering.

I’m in the UK and after some information on Ferrari’s, specifically the Testarossa.

I’m only 20 so wont be getting a Ferrari for quite some time but I hope to one day own a Testarossa. I have always liked them.

I’m after info/opinions on the following:

The Testarossa service interval.
DIY on a Ferrari? Is it avoided?
Availability of service/workshop manuals.
Availability of spare parts (official Ferrari or non standard (cheaper?) replacements).

I have spent a year restoring a Vauxhall Calibra Turbo back from basically scrap and it was good, its still a work in progress but is getting along well. I was wondering if anyone has attempted a similar task on a damaged Ferrari? Would anyone consider it? Is it even possible?

Thanks for any insights and information.

Oh and one last thing, iv never seen a rusty Ferrari, do they rust? :lol:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Rusty_CallyT said:
Oh and one last thing, iv never seen a rusty Ferrari, do they rust? :lol:
Welcome and good luck with your search. Can't answer your questions except I have seen a few rusty Ferraris but only where they haven't been looked after. :( Most are restored/repaired before they get that way. I'm sure you'll get the answers you are looking for on this forum.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome Rusty. I think Ferraris are too expemsive and valuable these days that I don't think owners will leave them to "rot". They'll sell them first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts