Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this forum.

I noticed a few weeks ago somone was selling nickel plated scudiera wing shields which were half the the thickness of the offical factory ones so fit better on cars without the pressed recess in the wings. does anyone have a link to the seller as i cant seem to find it anywhere now? Was he also offering a special price to people on this forum?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i like those pressed recess in the wings, those are build in the carroseria at the factory

and how do you attach those nickel plated wings then??

BTW
Dave welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shields are attached with double sided tape. i recently bought my car and the previous owner had bought a couple of original (?) metal shields from ferrari but they are 3mm thick and stick out a bit too much as my car doesnt have the recess to put them into. was hoping to track down the thinner ones i saw being advertised on the forum a while ago but cant find the vendors link!

at the moment i have the official plastic padded sticker shields but they are not the same colour or shape as factory fitted shields which i think look better.

if my memory serves me correctly the shields being advertised were exact replicas of the factory shields but just half the thickness.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If you saw them at this site it was probably from DexM, you can find them in the shops (2nd link from the right on the top of every page). They don't advertise them in the shop right now, but I think they have them on stock or they can order them. I do not have their mailingaddress, but I think you can contact them through the shop section. Let us know or it works out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am still checking with the seller from the above website that they will fit exactly the curvature of the 355 wing. if i get them i will post some pics of them on my car under this topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got them - absolutely stunning quality! That must be the end of the official accessory... I am wundering when the factory will involve its lawyers... :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
cool, do you have a close-up from that?

and whas it hard to get it on the fender?
Alas, am moving and my dig cam is packed up. It is easy getting the shield on the car as it comes supplied with double sided tape. They shield looks GREAT, and i am VERY picky!!!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
that's all?
attached with double sided tape?

so how thick is it in total? i assume you can barelly notice that it's sticked to it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts