Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
John, might be good at some point for us to get into a discussion about HOW to test hydraulic lifters. I never really was able to get a straight answer on how this is done, other than manually squeezing them and seeing if any oil comes out. It is my understanding is that the lifter problems *may* occur secondary to assembly debris (small bits of silicone goop in the oil and other metallic debris gumming up the works) and I'd be curious to know if replacement of the originals with new will "permanently" cure the issue.

Regards,
Pete

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
Pete- Dave Helms was working on some updates to Ferrari hydraulic lifters. Not sure how far he got and whether he was working on V12 lifters. Big problem was the V8 lifters, which had gone NLA.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Terry, is Dave Helms on FLife? He has a great reputation and gets good referrals. I want to thank him for the fuse box work on my TR. We are very fortunate to have some very gifted techs in the industry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks John this is really helpful information. In your sorting list would it be possible to also put the better than OEM replacements on suspension etc.Regards Gary.

·
Premium Member
11,883 Posts
I have only seen Dave here rarely and recently the same for the other site. Not sure if he monitors either regularly. You might start a dedicated thread and e-mail him, too.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts