Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching yesterday's race was hugely emotional for me. Whilst watching that phenomenal display from Michael Schumacher, I realised that I have watched every single race of his career at Ferrari. I distinctly remember the beautiful but flawed F310 of 1996 and just losing out on winning the championships in 1997, 1998 and 1999 (even though he missed a chunk of the season). Of course the ecstasy of 2000 to 2004 is simply indelible from my mind!

In my opinion, he is the greatest ever. Forget about the so-called indiscretions and rather focus on the fact that he won seven world titles and was second several times as well. I believe that with a little bit of luck going his way (remember the stall on the grid at the final race at Suzuka in 1998? or the broken leg at Silverstone in 1999? or the engine expiry at Suzuka two weeks ago?) he could have been a 10-time champion.

All-in-all, we as Ferrari supporters have been blessed to have had such a phenomenal talent that has truly brought glory back to Maranello.

Forza Schumi!

and of course for next year:

Forza Felipe! Forza Kimi! Forza Ferrari!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes I felt the same and thought they would have brought him up onto the podium.
When anyone says to me about his indiscretions I always reply that he was there to race not make up the numbers. He won 7 championships by saying "I'm coming through" not "oh sorry was I in your way".

On the 99 season though, Eddie Irvine WON that championship, but Ferrari couldn't afford for him to actually take it for fear of Schuey walking.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to agree that Irvine would have one in 1999, but it would have been unjust. Schumi would have walked that season!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts