Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I attended a car show just south of Richmond, Virginia. I heard the cause was good, the proceeds went to fight MDA. I was all over it and heard they were handing out little plaques as tokens of appreciation for those who came with nice cars.

So, I show up with the only Ferrari in the lot of about 150 very large, restored, American autos. Dodges, Fords and Chevrolets from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. My little GTB was not at home.

I knew I was in trouble when the singing Elvis hooked up the mike at 1100 for a three hour show in 100 degree heat

One gal with the event asked me repeatedly to say "Ferrari" for registration purposes. She thought it was "Feeraro" and said she had never heard of such a car before.

I did have quite a few people stop by and ask about the car. I offered several people a seat in the car. All were very nice and friendly.

My day reached it's peak when a lady ran past the 308 like she was on fire. Where was she headed? An El Camino that she yelled was "just like the one she had always wanted." I looked back at my little Italian car and just smiled and thought, " everybody has their own tastes." I did think how much easier it would be if I had a burning desire for such a car; I could haul more than just a jug of milk or even tow a boat. Oh and the maintenance costs! What I could save!!

Oh hell no. I have to love the most impractical car out there. I drove out of there and was just happy, though. I loved the sound when the car turned over and those Weber's started to do their thing. What a car and how lucky I am to experience it.

I never did get one of about 100 plaques handed out that day. The El Camino did. The drive home was super. 8)

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
eeeuuhhmm, that thing about that gal, that was a joke, right?????
no way that she has never heard of Ferrari :-?

I'll bet that you where glad that you could drive away there

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kid you not, had never heard of "Ferrari." Actually, I did have a good time seeing other's hard work. I respected that but don't get me wrong. My little 308 made me the happiest to see after making the rounds.

Oh by the way, my neck got burnt...big time; but it still wasn't near as red as some others' around there... :D

Forza,

Dane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts