Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year to all of you guys and hopefully a great 2009!

I was scanning the Autotrader and I came across what looked like my old 308 GTSi. I called the shop and it turned out to be the case so I went to see it yesteday.

I bought the car in 2004 but in 2005 I had a pretty bad front end smash and after being paid out by insurance, sold the car to the local agents who repaired the damage.

The car was and still is cosmetically perfect. It has had some things changed such as the 390mm wheels replaced with 16" and a different exhaust.

My current car is far better mechanically than the old one but wow, the old one sure is pretty! I really like the rosso with cream combination.

It is a little like seeing an old girlfriend!!!

Take care

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Oh wow, very nice!

Chris

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SA is a very small place. I have run into every single of the Porsches and Ferraris I have owned at some time after I sold them.

The most interesting is the 1968 Porsche 911S Targa that I owned. That car disappeared completely and about three months ago I thought about Googling the chassis number. Madly enough, I remebered the whole chassis number (11850212) and it turns out the car is for sale in Germany!

In the picture above, you will see a dark blue 308 QV. My old car started out that colour but had a comprehensive bare metal colour change. The only remaining clue to this fact is the dark blue carpeting. The mirrors must have been changed at that point as well.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
SA is a very small place. I have run into every single of the Porsches and Ferraris I have owned at some time after I sold them.

The most interesting is the 1968 Porsche 911S Targa that I owned. That car disappeared completely and about three months ago I thought about Googling the chassis number. Madly enough, I remebered the whole chassis number (11850212) and it turns out the car is for sale in Germany!

In the picture above, you will see a dark blue 308 QV. My old car started out that colour but had a comprehensive bare metal colour change. The only remaining clue to this fact is the dark blue carpeting. The mirrors must have been changed at that point as well.
Interesting.
BTW, what price range were they asking on this example...noticed it is pre-ABS, which is exciting and I like the TS models

rik

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are asking R449,000 and the exchage rate is R9.6 : US$1 - this equates to approximately US$50k. They won't get near that - probably higher R300ks

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Onno

It is in Randburg just near the old Porsche centre

1 - 10 of 10 Posts