Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Ferrari agents to discuss the plan for fixing my car yesterday and there was an Enzo in the showroom. The agent opened her up for me to have a look inside and I couldn't resist the urge to ask if I could sit in her for a sec. All I can say is that one day, somehow, I have to have one. Absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks even better in the flesh/carbon fibre.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'm surprised there still one sitting on the showroom. I know there's a hefty premium for any Ezno anywhere in the world, so I'm surprised that this one is still in the dealer's showroom. My friend's Enzo just got snapped up last month for a good premium!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The story with the South African cars is actually quite interesting. There are 3 cars that have been taken up by South African owners but there has been legislation passed (about 2 years ago) that prevents the importation of left had drive cars into the country. The scary part is that the 3 Enzo's have been sitting in "bond" (not officially in the country yet) since they were delivered. The customs officials were even holding onto the keys for the cars at one stage.

The car I sat in has only 400km and from what I understand, the owner racked up that mileage at Fiorano and driving the car through Europe to the port.

The local authorities are ridiculous as the importation of the cars would mean a lot of duty revenue for the country (duty is +-50% including the VAT payable) and in all likelihood, the cars will only driven on the road on the way to the racetrack.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yesterday I sat in a Carrera GT.
Not quite an Enzo but still, the coolest thing I've ever sat in.
Was entry/exit ok in the Enzo?
I almost got a charlie horse in my leg getting out of the CGT.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Carrera GT is phenomenal as well. I was so excited I didn't really take note of the entry/exit difficulty. That said, I was very comfortable IN the car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Schumacher,

Do you think the Enzo will be at the annual Ferrari day at Kyalami on the 9th of July? Apparently there's a similar day at Killarney in Cape Town too, but I'm not too sure about that. Did you see the Enzo at Rosso Sport Auto or at Viglietti Motors?

Well done on actually sitting in an Enzo!

PJ

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car was originally at Viglietti but I saw it and sat in it at Rosso. I am not sure whether the car is in the country legally so I couldn't be certain as to it being at the day. I do hope so and if it is, I will do everything possible to catch ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts