Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO how was it? We've all be waiting to see how Dermot and 4i2fly did on the track over the weekend. I hope everyone and their machine is OK and in proper working order.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, I enjoyed watching the event. I have quite a few pictures of the event that I will upload to imagestation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
oopps, I didn't get on the track! They told me track time was limited and it was, only a couple of hours a day! Not worth getting all worked up over a couple of session!

Dermot and I did get out there and he took some pictures! I am surprised non have been posted yet. There were a few nice cars on the track, inclusding a yellow Enzo and a red F50 Roadster. I am actually going to Thunderhill on April 2nd, all signed up and the car is getting ready for it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, I have 2 imagestation alblums worth of pictures. This isn't all of it, but it'll have to do. ;)

Alblum 1

Alblum 2

The first alblum has mainly on track pictures. The second alblum consists of pictures from the paddock/lot.[/url]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Did you shoot the pic of the VIN of that 612 on perpose? And if so, do you have more pics of VINs?

Cool pics btw, a lot of great Ferraris

·
Registered
473 Posts
4i2fly said:
oopps, I didn't get on the track! They told me track time was limited and it was, only a couple of hours a day! Not worth getting all worked up over a couple of session!

Dermot and I did get out there and he took some pictures! I am surprised non have been posted yet. There were a few nice cars on the track, inclusding a yellow Enzo and a red F50 Roadster. I am actually going to Thunderhill on April 2nd, all signed up and the car is getting ready for it.

Cheers,
I saved all the pictures at the highest resolution by mistake (They are nearly 1.5mb each!) so if anybody knows how to reduce the resolution I might have a chance to post them to the forum (Theres a 200k limit on upliads to the Forum)

Derm

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I know, if you have a program like paint shop pro or photoshop. They are a bit big to mail me, so I can't resize them for you.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Did you shoot the pic of the VIN of that 612 on perpose? And if so, do you have more pics of VINs?

Cool pics btw, a lot of great Ferraris
Yes, I did shoot the vin on purpose. I thought it might hold a little relevance to some of the guys here keeping track of that. Also wondering if this car has been anywhere else previously. I was not happy aobut the chrome badging on the car though. The 612 Scagletti badging's chrome was rubbing off. In one of the pictures, you can clearly see the black plastic under the chrome. So I'm thinking this car's been around.

Dermot, as Bob said, if you have some program like photoshop, you can easily re-size the pictures so that they can be uploaded. :wink:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks Guys for the advice.. I'll see what I can do.. In the mean time I've emailed a few pics to Andrew for him to post for me (Thanks Andrew!)

Dermot

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Rosso said:
Also wondering if this car has been anywhere else previously.
I don't have any previous records of it. It is an European car, and according to CARFAX it isn't registerd in the USA. So it probably is a showcar. I have a list of 10 European cars used for testdrives for magazines etc, but it isn't on that list. I didn't see one in this color anyway.
Thanks for the VIN :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
I don't have any previous records of it. It is an European car, and according to CARFAX it isn't registerd in the USA. So it probably is a showcar. I have a list of 10 European cars used for testdrives for magazines etc, but it isn't on that list. I didn't see one in this color anyway.
Thanks for the VIN :)
That's what I thought. When I was talking to my friend from the dealer, he said at least that the Stradale was a showcar, so from that I assumed the rest were. The Stradale had that special 50th Anniversary badge on the center console for 50 years of Ferrari in the US, so that must be a US car.

But thanks for the info, Bob!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You can see it from the VIn on the car. If you know the VIN only you can tell what car it is, what country it was meant for, LHD or RHD, and (if it's an USA car) what built year it has.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
You can see it from the VIn on the car. If you know the VIN only you can tell what car it is, what country it was meant for, LHD or RHD, and (if it's an USA car) what built year it has.
Yeah, I remember reading aobut VIN's a while back about what every number/letter signified and all that. I'll have to find that again. You guys have gotten me interesed in SNs and all the rest, so I mind as well know what the rest of the VIN means.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts