Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know me and know of my 99 Corvette, well I am sad to report that the car has been totaled, and looks like it will be some time before I have another :(

Driving back from the gym the tire pressure sensor in the left rear tire failed and apparently the tire was low on pressure for some time. While driving an off camber right hand turn the tire blew, and the rear of the car stepped out, I over corrected and spun into a light pole doing 70 MPH, bending the frame and ripping the right rear wheel off the spindle. Had the frame not been compromised the vehicle would have been salvageable but due to the amount of after market modifications and frame damage the insurance company made the car a total loss.

While I could afford the payments, the Economy being what it is I cant get financed for a new car, so I will be driving my second car (02 dodge stratus).

I will miss the way the car felt, and the way people looked at it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
very sorry to hear, not a fan of vettes but you must of loved it, life is shit sometimes and good maybe 10% of the time lol

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Joe, sorry to hear that, but at least you're safe to fight another day!

I'm sure you'll find a way to get another beast in your garage soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, sorry to hear that, but at least you're safe to fight another day!

I'm sure you'll find a way to get another beast in your garage soon!
I am sure I will come up with something, I will be either changing job or getting promoted to get some more income. I'm thinking about an 01, and modify it for about 600+ hP

·
Registered
39 Posts
the car can be replaced, you cannot be. Im glad your o.k. It sucks losing a car. I have fortunately never totatled a car (knock on wood). But i understand your loss:(

Time to upgrade to a Ferrari:D

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about that....I am a fan of vettes...it is unfortunate...but like others have said the car can be replaced. Good to hear your ok.

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sorry bud that truly sucks but at least your OK

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sympathies as well, Joe. Still not thinking about a Ferrari, then? ;)

Onno
I am always thinking about a Ferrari, but one is still way out of my price range as it stand now. I would love an F50 or F60 or maybe even a testerosa.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am always thinking about a Ferrari, but one is still way out of my price range as it stand now. I would love an F50 or F60 or maybe even a testerosa.
whooo! thinking a little high with the f50 and the enzo lol its good to think high tho, hopefully if and wen you get a ferrari your not going faster than in the vette and your tyre explodes! then your just plain cheating death!:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whooo! thinking a little high with the f50 and the enzo lol its good to think high tho, hopefully if and wen you get a ferrari your not going faster than in the vette and your tyre explodes! then your just plain cheating death!:D
hahaha, I always think high, an F50 and Enzo are my two dream cars. I did see a black 360 spyder with red interior once that was at a more realistic price and was a very attractive car.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Joe, I repeat what the others have said, very sorry to hear about your car, but pleased that you are still in one piece. Even if it takes time to replace your car, you will replace it eventually, but you on the other hand.....

I agree the economy is crap, I let my Ferrari go because of it, but I will have another Ferrari one day and I'm sure you will have your dream car one day too. Keep your chin up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As the owner of a very nice 98, I know your loss is great. The upshot is that these can be purchased in the low20s these days once you get thing back in order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts