Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing more and more left footed Ferrari brakers. I just do not understand. Riding the brakes is not a good thing. Brakes are very important and not cheap. I dislike being behind one.

If one wanted to make a car go around a track, then a computer will be able to do it better than a man. The clutch is the second to last "hands on the car" there is. Shortly, racing and driving will be left to the machine itself and that is neither fun nor a challenge.

This is from an old twentieth century man. Oh, well the third millennium is here.
:)
12 cylinders of gas power or walk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a very progressive thinker i like advancement i dislike anything that hinders it and i apreciate the technolagy behind the F1 type transmissions but i just feel like a sports or racing car should have a normal manual. However i would take a simi auto over an entriely automatic transmision. It will be a sad day when that gated shifter is considered and antique(spelling).

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree, I think the clutch and gearshift are an important part of the driving experience. The "Man-machine interface" if you will.

Having said that, for day to day, point A to point B, "travelling" I prefer as little man-machine interface as possible. I like an automatic.

But when I am "driving" for enjoyment I prefer to have control over all the car's functions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sounds like you need a limo and an old british guy. Thats about 0 man machine interface, unless you count rolling down the windows.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
kensei said:
sounds like you need a limo and an old british guy. Thats about 0 man machine interface, unless you count rolling down the windows.
Actually, I'd prefer it if he rolled the windows down for me. :) :)

"Provide me with a bit of fresh air would you, there's a good chap."

(apologies in advance to my friends from the UK, unless one of you wants to be my driver :))

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with Pete. It;s great to have the manual transmission on an open road for some spirited driving but when you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, it's a real drag. All revved up and no place to go. Hey, that'd be pretty good lyrics for a song :)

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts