Ferrari Life Forum banner

Sad News

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  FerrariKiller 
#1 ·
A CHP Officer and a friend of his were killed in an accident in Southern California. The CHP Officer was driving a TR at a very high speed. It happen in the area which he patroled.

SAD.

:(

#4 ·
I am sorry he is dead but he would probably have taken any one of us to jail for driving the way that got him killed.

He would still be alive if he did not put himself above the very law he was sworn to uphold.

The real tragedy is he took someone with him.

#5 ·
Brian said:
I am sorry he is dead but he would probably have taken any one of us to jail for driving the way that got him killed.

He would still be alive if he did not put himself above the very law he was sworn to uphold.

I totally agree....it's sad he had to take someone with him, but even that, if the other guy wasn't smart enough to say something either....well....I have no pity. The man was a police officer and even more a CHP where you catch people at ridiculous speeds all the time on the freeway. If he was a teenager driving a modified Civic the public would freak out but because it’s a police officer it’s sad ?!?!?!?! give me a MF break, I find it a disgrace to the PD on top of it all…..in a residential area ?!?!?!, if he would of killed a mother and her child taking a walk people would think differently about this idiot. Im sad for their families…..that’s it….no child deserves to lose a parent.

~

#6 ·
Brian said:

You know i was going to write some thing just like that yesterday. But i thought i wouldnt due to not offending any one. But i totaly agree with what you are saying.

#8 · (Edited)
355GTB said:
2 people are DEAD! Its no time for anyone to be up on their soapbox. Every one of us has been guilty of speeding or doing something stupid behind the wheel at some point. There but for the grace of God go us all.

RIP

But we are not sworn to uphold the law.

It is not we who a few hours later when we are on duty make an arrest for exactly the same behavior.

It is not we who in our hubris took another life.

He is dead by his own actions, not those of another.

I will save my tears for the innocent thank you.

Why should we not be on a soap box?

If something is not learned here both lives really were wasted.

Reread line 2, post 4.

#9 ·
I agree.

The same guy who'd give us a hefty ticket on the same day endangered not only one life, or two - he was in a residential area and could have very easily taken more with him.

What headway does he have on the kid who sped through my neighborhood this morning in a suped-up Nissan?

#10 ·
Cops are just guys like you and me. It is an unfortunate and avoidable tradgedy whenever anyone dies in a car crash.

I hope others will learn from this that it doesn't matter who you are, if you want to drive fast, you are taking a chance and luck isn't always going to be on your side.

#12 ·
Pete04222 said:
Cops are just guys like you and me. It is an unfortunate and avoidable tradgedy whenever anyone dies in a car crash.

I hope others will learn from this that it doesn't matter who you are, if you want to drive fast, you are taking a chance and luck isn't always going to be on your side.
True, and I am sorry for him. Still, it is odd that it was a cop. It just bugs me that I could have been pulled over for going 10mph by this guy.

RIP

#13 ·
Two people dead !!!!

Brian,

Your prejudice and dislike for police officers is as distasteful and sad as your bad timing and lack of sympathy. Cops are heros. Even when they give you a ticket. Even when they arrest a drug dealer. Even when they save a baby who is not breathing. Even when they drive too fast off duty and are involved in a fatal traffic collision.

You just don't like cops.

Warmest Regards,

Stew

#14 ·
Forgive me for being unaware of the used abbrevs... but what is a CHP? And what is a TR?

As I understand it, some highway cop killed himself and another person by speeding and screwing up. Does that about sum it up?

Please correct me if I'm wrong

#15 ·
Basosz said:
Forgive me for being unaware of the used abbrevs... but what is a CHP? And what is a TR?

As I understand it, some highway cop killed himself and another person by speeding and screwing up. Does that about sum it up?

Please correct me if I'm wrong
CHP = California Highway Patrol
TR = Testarossa (a Ferrari model).

Yes the officer was driving a friends (or his own) Testarossa, wrecked badly and is no longer with us.

#16 · (Edited)
Stew said:
Brian,

Your prejudice and dislike for police officers is as distasteful and sad as your bad timing and lack of sympathy. Cops are heros. Even when they give you a ticket. Even when they arrest a drug dealer. Even when they save a baby who is not breathing. Even when they drive too fast off duty and are involved in a fatal traffic collision.

You just don't like cops.

Warmest Regards,

Stew
I have many friends who are police officers, I have had family members who were police officers. The difference was they took their oath seriously, they upheld the law and they would condem this man far more ruthlessly than I. If you take an oath and do not abide by it you are less than nothing. A cop is not a hero because he wears a badge, that is reserved for a determination to be made because of his actions. There was nothing heroic in his actions. He violated his oath, he broke the law, he endangered the other citizens, he killed another human being and possibly left a widow and orphans behind. If you consider that heroic you and I are reading from different dictionaries.

Bugger off, you do not know me nor are you capable of making the determination as to my feeling toward police officers as a group. My feelings toward this low life civil servant who collected a paycheck for who knows how many years from the citizens of California are reserved for him alone. I am not glad he is dead but I am glad he is off my payroll.

#17 ·
Sad

Brian,

Your reply, anger and rudness is as predictable as it is sad. Show this thread to some of your "many friends who are police officers" and see what they have to say about it.

Warmest regards,

Stew

p.s. It's possible to not be angry with those who happen to dissagree with you.;)

#18 ·
Stew said:
Brian,

Your reply, anger and rudness is as predictable as it is sad. Show this thread to some of your "many friends who are police officers" and see what they have to say about it.

Warmest regards,

Stew

p.s. It's possible to not be angry with those who happen to dissagree with you.;)

False accusations of predjudice against the police or anyone for that matter rises far above the level of simple dissagreement and displays a rudness of a degree that does deserve anger as a response.

#19 ·
Let your friends decide

Dear Brian,

Why not let some of your "many friends who are police officers" decide if your comment "low life civil servant" and "...I am glad he is off my payroll." were appropriate.

Rather than getting mad, why don't you run this thread by some of your "many friends who are police officers" and let us know what they have to say.

Warmest Regards,

Stew

p.s. He name was Derick Midolo.

#20 ·
Stew said:
Dear Brian,

Why not let some of your "many friends who are police officers" decide if your comment "low life civil servant" and "...I am glad he is off my payroll." were appropriate.

Rather than getting mad, why don't you run this thread by some of your "many friends who are police officers" and let us know what they have to say.

Warmest Regards,

Stew

p.s. He name was Derick Midolo.
Stew, Brian said that he is not glad that he is dead. However, praising him as a hero is an odd thing to do when he clearly violated his oath as an officer of the law. You cannot respect him for that - that's all.

I hope that he rests in peace but I am angry that a man who is sworn to putting the law above all was out there endangering himself and others.

RIP, Derick Midolo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.