Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys how rubens can finish at 6 with the same car o schummy??? he stay like 40 laps behind Ralf "trying" to overtake him after pits he stay behind Trulli and he didn't try to do nothing??Alonso is a good example he overtake Ralf in 2 laps and almost take Montoya.I'm brazilian but like the big part of the race entusiast from here i don't like him. I miss Senna :(
and being a Ferrari entusiast i would like to see he out of the team Ferrari, pantano is better than Rubens.But let's comemorate Schummy wins again :D :D :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would like to reply to this thread....I like Mr. Barrachello and apparently so does Ferrari as they have signed him up for at least two more years. There have been times in the past where Ruebens has been untouchable on the track.....even by Mr. Schumacher. So we know he has the talent to win and be a great driver. I too wonder what's going on with him and hope it's just some "phase" that will come to pass. But Ruebens has always been a complete gentlemen and has to take a lot of crap playing second fiddle to Schumacher. We all know the scrafices he has made for the good of the team. I do think he deserves better than he gets sometimes though. Maybe a fire will light under his butt and he'll get more aggressive as the season continues.

Can you elaborate as to exactly why people don't like him?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I like Rubens also!! He hasn't had the best of luck but I'm sticking with him! (and so is Ferrari)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
There were a few races that Barrichello had MS in front of him. There were a few races that Barrichello had to leave the race with a broken car, there were races where Barichello had to start with a full car of fuel, so he could keep the rest of the field back and MS could win that race. Barrichello did a lot for the team and no, he isn't as quick as Schumacher, but he certainly put a lot of effort in the team to make it as it is now.

I'll stick with him

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
To be trailing a Renault in 6th place in Ferrari's Enzo & Dino Circuit is bloody insulting. Race drivers are paid to perform their best at every race, not at some races!! To be driving the way he did, Ferrari could get a few candidates for much less pay.

Ferrari did extend his contract for another 2 years, yes but yesterday's perfomance must have made them regret. About time Rubens pull up his socks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Enzo no problem, i'm just a litle bit nervous when I post it. I agree with Stradale, Ferrari can get better drivers for less for example Massa he do a wonderfull job being a Ferrari test driver he in the most time do better laps then Rubens. Barrichello in 10 years in f1 don't do nothing. Unfortunally he have more 2 years of contract I'm waiting to see if any team on f1 would like to have him as a driver, he make good races but it's like 1 a year no more than this. In this last race he problably thing he is driving the Pope's car :lol:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thought you guys want to know that the Renaults were not even on full song!!

28 April 2004
Trulli had 'no power' at Imola

Trulli ahead of Barrichello at Imola
According to Rob White, Renault's new-spec engine encountered not a 'single problem' in three debut days of running at the Imola race track last weekend. Not so, according to Jarno Trulli. 'I had a problem with the engine,' the Italian racer told Autosport.

Trulli said the big plume of oil-smoke seen on the race start-line came from his RS24, which was significantly revised for the San Marino Grand Prix in Italy. 'Obviously something was wrong,' Jarno added. 'There was no power, no acceleration, especially out of the pits, and it was inconsistent all the time.'

Team-mate Fernando Alonso, meanwhile, said that even when the revised V10 was working to full capacity, it was still not a match for Ferrari's sterling unit. 'I was behind Rubens most of the race,' said the Spaniard. 'But every time he hit the gas, he pulled out a gap.'
This made Rubens result/effort worse than what it seems. :evil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And Rubens can't pass him. Hey guys here is a picture I found here is in portuguese but I'm gonna try to translate

"Rubens promisse, with this new Ferrari he never gonna loose to Schummy Again" :D :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like Barrichello too! He's a great driver and that he couldn't overtake in the last GP was also because it's very very hard to overtake @ Imola. Almost nobody did... Alonso did, and hit Ralf. So, what was it that Rubens had to do? Also do a 'all or nothing' action? And than perhaps spun of the track? ... :roll:

·
Registered
44 Posts
RB has never had the "eye of the tiger". He is perfectly suited for his role as MS's understudy. Not that isn't a good place. Maybe only 2-3 drivers in the whole world are better than MS's understudy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
ForzaRossa said:
I like Barrichello too! He's a great driver and that he couldn't overtake in the last GP was also because it's very very hard to overtake @ Imola. Almost nobody did... Alonso did, and hit Ralf. So, what was it that Rubens had to do? Also do a 'all or nothing' action? And than perhaps spun of the track? ... :roll:
That's the biggest problem with the F1. In the past one can overtake at the end of a straight peace of track. Current tracks have more end more hairpins, etc. There is not enough room to get the right speed to overtake... ...the only place were it is most likely they will overtake is at the end of the grid.

ps rumors say Ferrari is thinking about quitting the F1 at the end of 2007!? :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
marcos said:
Don't think you've gotta believe this rumour, Ferrari is a big (F1) race history (first Ferrari race car was in '46, am I right?). Ferrari races as long as people can remember. Ferrari thanks her world famous name to racing. And Ferrari keeps winning races, so why quit?

·
Registered
613 Posts
basman said:
marcos said:
Don't think you've gotta believe this rumour, Ferrari is a big (F1) race history (first Ferrari race car was in '46, am I right?). Ferrari races as long as people can remember. Ferrari thanks her world famous name to racing. And Ferrari keeps winning races, so why quit?
Quess your right, it might be a political game towards Mosely...
(btw it was '48 I thought, but the Formula One championship was 'officialy' founded in 1950)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think barri is a good driver but he's afreaid to do something whit it if schummy drop out of F1 will i put my bet on barri

Good luck Barri and schummy next race

regard Peter chr. Nielsen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts