Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that we are talking about some super Ferrari's
how do you guys feel about the Rossa.
Personally I LOVE THE CAR, and i think that they should build it.
And i wanna see it in person

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was presented at the Turin Motor Show in 2000 as a prototype
and it was a one off by Pininfarina, the car is based on an 550 Maranello
I'll dig up the specs out of my library later, but you can find an article over the car in Forza Magazine #28.

here are some pics

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
other ferrari in picture

In the picture taken outdoors is that a Mythos next to it? After seeing this pictures I remember seeing something on this. I think the car is pretty cool but will never see production. It doesn't seem very practical. I'm not crazy about the design of the car either.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep that's the Mythos, that was at the Concours D'elegance of paris last year.
and besides that is standing the pinin 4 door saloon
Pininfarina did't have to look at practical, easy production, and production cost.
it was feel free of doing what you like, and i think that the car is just beautifull

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]Yes, the Rossa is in production, its called the 550 Barchetta... :lol:

Mythos slow? It has a carbon fibre body and the engine of the Testarossa, hardly a mixture that would make the car slow...[/quote]

I found this information about the Mythos:
flat 12, 4942cc, 390hp
255 km/h
0-100 km/h in 5.8 sec

Now, there are sedans that are faster than the Mythos

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]Yes, the Rossa is in production, its called the 550 Barchetta... :lol:
[/quote]

that's the first time that i ever heard this

The Rossa and the Barchetta have nothing in common with eich other
The Rossa was and is purely intended as a concept car (in ferrari terms, it will never hit production) to celcbrate Pininfarina's 70th anniversary
The Barchetta was build because a lot of costumers were complaining that there wasn't a cabrio availlable of the Maranello

·
Registered
575 Posts
Modena: That claim of 255km/h is a misprint at your info source. I don't know the exact figure, but it can reach a speed well over 175mph...

Dirk, I was hoping you understood my little laughing face :lol: , that the statement was a joke. Obviously, the Rossa is not a Barchetta. But if you look closely, it shares a number of styling features that were included on the Barchetta.

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]Modena: That claim of 255km/h is a misprint at your info source. I don't know the exact figure, but it can reach a speed well over 175mph...[/quote]

That's what I found in one of my books.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts