Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ronaldo crashes Ferrari on way to training

Cristiano Ronaldo has escaped unhurt after crashing his Ferrari sports car into a roadside barrier in a tunnel near Manchester airport. The car was badly damaged when it was involved in the accident at 10.20am today on the A538 Wilmslow Road, but the 23-year-old Manchester United winger was not injured.

Ronaldo was on his way to training when the accident occurred, but he later arrived at the ground and took part in the training session. His car crashed in the tunnel which takes traffic under the airport runways between Wilmslow and Hale, Cheshire. Witnesses said Ronaldo got out of the car and stood beside the wreckage, apparently not injured in the incident.

The car, registered in his home country of Portugal, is part of a fleet owned by Ronaldo. The Portuguese winger was spoken to at the scene by police investigating the incident. It is understood no other vehicles were involved but the aftermath of the crash was seen by a fellow United player.

The United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar was travelling behind Ronaldo, at the wheel of his own Bentley, at the time of the accident. It is understood the players were making their way from their homes in Cheshire to United's Carrington training complex.

A witness described how the front edge of the sports car had been demolished while one of the front wheels had sheared off and could be seen 200 yards away from the scene. A rear tyre was flat. The witness said: "I got there just after the accident had happened and saw the state of the car. It is amazing he got out of it without a scratch."

A spokesman for Greater Manchester police said: "We are investigating a road traffic collision in the airport tunnel on the A538. It appears a Ferrari has collided with a barrier in the tunnel. Enquiries are continuing. The driver is being spoken to at the scene. It does not appear he has been injured."

United confirmed the incident had taken place and that the Ballon d'Or winner was unhurt. A club spokesman said: "He was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved. He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning."

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, that is horrendous. I wonder how he wrecked in a straight line with no one around.

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Wow, that is horrendous. I wonder how he wrecked in a straight line with no one around.

Chris
23 yr old playboy, highest paid soccer star in the world, earms more money per second than most of us earn per year. Have a guess how he crashed it in a straight line with no one around

·
Registered
6,738 Posts

Chris
Overconfidence? Way too much HP? Lack of experiences & skills? He may be super talented in his trade, but as far as driving skills go, his learning curve is what you see there. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
23 yr old playboy, highest paid soccer star in the world, earms more money per second than most of us earn per year. Have a guess how he crashed it in a straight line with no one around
Hmm...I can only imagine.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Overconfidence? Way too much HP? Lack of experiences & skills? He may be super talented in his trade, but as far as driving skills go, his learning curve is what you see there. w/ smiles Jimmy
I most definitely believe he was showing off for his teammate in the Bentley behind him:thumbsdown:

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Per above, yes, yes, & yes.

Story is: 2 young highly paid professional footballers, 2 high powered sports cars, tunnel under the airport with no traffic........

they were probably not practicing braking.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Although I agree that it was probably a case of too much horsepower for the situation, I do want to make a comment that Europe is currently very cold and very slippery. Wide tyres offer preciously little grip and in fact work against roadholding in icy conditions, and sticky tyres such as on the 599 are much too hard at temperatures around freezing to work properly. They also have relatively small grooves. Even when there is no ice, at low temps a little water will easily cause grip to disappear. So - it is very easy to lose control over your Ferrari. I was driving my 550 last week with a very, very featherly right foot. You should not really drive a car like this in these conditions.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
This appears to be the true definition of a schmuck!
Haha...I've been making fun of my sister all day. She loves Ronaldo...I have no interest in Soccer at all, so I have been taking advantage of this little story:thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
It seems as if the car is offsides.

Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts