Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a 365 BB down here in NZ,feel out of love with it fo a while,(usual problems looming cambelt change due, exhuast replacment required) I have now had belts replaced and new Larini stainless sports exhaust and we are back in love again. With this renewed enthusiasm comes some other small detail jobs that I would love to get on top off, hence the following questions :

What is the factory finish for the iside of the boot lid and engine cover, where they just plain flat black over the aluminium or did they have a thin coat of fine underseal first?. Second request is I require a pair of factory speaker covers for the front doors, my car has had them removed and some oversize speakers fitted (quite why you would want to drown out that beautiful noise I do not know) They are the square type with 11 vertical aluminium ( i think) strips on all 365s and early 512s. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Do you have any photographs of the 365? Welcome to the forum:D

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I have owned a 365 BB down here in NZ,feel out of love with it fo a while,(usual problems looming cambelt change due, exhuast replacment required) I have now had belts replaced and new Larini stainless sports exhaust and we are back in love again. With this renewed enthusiasm comes some other small detail jobs that I would love to get on top off, hence the following questions :

What is the factory finish for the iside of the boot lid and engine cover, where they just plain flat black over the aluminium or did they have a thin coat of fine underseal first?. Second request is I require a pair of factory speaker covers for the front doors, my car has had them removed and some oversize speakers fitted (quite why you would want to drown out that beautiful noise I do not know) They are the square type with 11 vertical aluminium ( i think) strips on all 365s and early 512s. Thanks for any help

By memory, the paint on the underside of the engine and boot was just straight flat black (suggest you PM alsaautomotive to confirm). On the speakers, if oversize ones were fitted, they probably cut larger holes in the door panels. To retro fit smaller factory speakers you will first need to retrim the door panels. Eurospares in the UK might have a set of original speakers as they have broken a couple of BBs in the last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that I will follow your leads, the person that had carried out the modification has just removed the origional speakers and external covers, (they actually sit between the door frame and the internal door panel)then formed another aluminium panel and covered it in leather mounting the speakers on this panel. Fortunately this has left the door frame and panel untouched, so if I can find some origional speaker covers I will be sorted. Thanks again for the help I have attatched a couple of photos of a recent blast into the Kiwi countryside.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks for that I will follow your leads, the person that had carried out the modification has just removed the origional speakers and external covers, (they actually sit between the door frame and the internal door panel)then formed another aluminium panel and covered it in leather mounting the speakers on this panel. Fortunately this has left the door frame and panel untouched, so if I can find some origional speaker covers I will be sorted. Thanks again for the help I have attatched a couple of photos of a recent blast into the Kiwi countryside.
Very nice 365BB. I see you have a 512BB front spoiler fitted.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes 512 front valance was fitted by a previous owner, does help with higher speed stability, I do have the origional valance to go back on. Yes scenery is great in this part of the world, the white stuff on the hills is frost so a perfect day to excercise a 70s supercar I almost needed the heater ( a very rare occurence as boxers can be a bit warm inside at times).There are a number of good ferraris in NZ recently imported are a 275 GTB and a 288 GTO we have a one owner from new Dino here in Christchurch and for a long time had the ex Gonzales 51 British grand Prix winning V12 grand prix car, there are also an F40 and a couple of Daytonas in town, and no they are not for sale.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Looks like you have a devout Ferrari lovers crowd there in a wonderful setting for enjoyment. Lovely. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Yes 512 front valance was fitted by a previous owner, does help with higher speed stability, I do have the origional valance to go back on. Yes scenery is great in this part of the world, the white stuff on the hills is frost so a perfect day to excercise a 70s supercar I almost needed the heater ( a very rare occurence as boxers can be a bit warm inside at times).There are a number of good ferraris in NZ recently imported are a 275 GTB and a 288 GTO we have a one owner from new Dino here in Christchurch and for a long time had the ex Gonzales 51 British grand Prix winning V12 grand prix car, there are also an F40 and a couple of Daytonas in town, and no they are not for sale.
With a F40 and a 288 GTO in Christchurch, I assume New Zealand does not have the same draconian restrictions on Left Hand Drive as does Australia.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stunning car! I dream of owning one of these some day!!! Must be an absolute blast to drive!!!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Stunning car! I dream of owning one of these some day!!! Must be an absolute blast to drive!!!!!

Cheers!
Since I last posted in this thread, I bought one of these so I have nothing to be jealous about anymore (except the NZ scenery!). I can tell you that they are indeed great to drive. Nothing like a modern Ferrari but so much fun. You won't be listening to any music in one of these... :)

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts