Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mechanic mentioned several needed repairs on my 95 355 that greatly concerned me.
I bought the car last year and had the major service done on it then and these issues never came up. the car has only had 2k miles on it since that time.
Few questions that I hope someone can answer and help me out.

They mention "the axle boots are cracked/swollen". How can I confirm this other than I know there is no sign of leakage?

Also that my "tranny oil seals are leaking"? Where would this leak show up as I don't see any drips on the carpeting under the car? or can I tell by looking at the level somehow?

Also the "cam covers are leaking at both sides in the rear". Do I need to get under the car to tell since looking from the top shows nothing?

any help would be much appreciated as this is a new mechanic to me and says the service for this will run about $15k-$20k

thanks

sebastian

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re:

All these "problems" were found in a routine ($308) oil change at a certified dealer. I will definately closer inspect all these concerns they had and get a second opinion. And yes, the repair estimate was 15-20 thousand. $1500 would probably just cover a flush of the fluids which was recommended yearly by them (brake, clutch, gearbox, cooling)

I put a large white sheet under the vehicle guaranteed to catch any leaks so I can verify location and amount. But as several other owners have told me "what ferrari doesn't leak a little oil?". If I could afford an Enzo, maybe I could answer that.

Thank you for the advice so far and I welcome any future recommendations.

Seb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.