Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like the way the wing looks. Because of that I am leaning towards the purchase of an older 308. However, recently I saw a picture of a 1995 QV without the wing and now I am wondering what are the consequences of removing it? Does it leave a mess? A bunch of holes? Does anyone have a picture of the attachment points? Advise? Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Removal of the wing will leave holes. I've seen pix on another site where a guy with a 328GTS took the wing off, filled in the wholes and then painted the filled in areas. Personally, I think it looks better with the wing.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
490 Posts
They are held on with 2 studs on either side with 10mm nuts accessed through holes in the engine lid frame - best tackled with a quarter inch drive socket set & long extension! Some have also been glued at later dates as sometimes the studs come loose.
Removal will therefore leave four holes which will require welding up as filled holes will crack over a fairly short space of time. You might also find when you remove the wing that the holes have 'pulled' outwards if the retaining nuts have been overtightened, but if you are welding anyway then this can be panel beaten back into shape.
Best wishes, Al.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts