Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! i own a 1960 GT Cabriolet II series that has been in my family ever since it came out from Maranello.
I’ve tried to find the cover of the fuses but unfortunately I haven’t succeeded on it....
After seeing these images, I figured I can maybe have it made if I manage to get the measurements and details.
If anybody can please help me out I’d be most grateful!!
thanks in advance
388E5EA0-7C20-4C0A-A505-D4C188FAD6CE.jpeg
6F7E870F-53F5-492E-BB51-ED7F53EC6206.jpeg
388E5EA0-7C20-4C0A-A505-D4C188FAD6CE.jpeg
6F7E870F-53F5-492E-BB51-ED7F53EC6206.jpeg

Pablo

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you can get an original as a model to scan. It should be no big deal to 3D print one. I just got into 3D printing as I am building a museum quality model of the 1933 Alfa Monza that Nuvolari drove at Monte Carlo. It is the first time a car ran at Monaco with the Scuderia Ferrari shield. xometry.com is one of many companies who can print it for you. There are a wide variety of ways to scan the original using an iPhone, believe it or not. Look online. Also, once you have the scan you should be able to find someone online to make it into a file that will run a printer. It is too large for my printer, but should be no big deal for Xometry. It is like magic!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advise. I’ve tried to get hold of one but couldn’t find one.
will keep on looking....
regards

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think that someone could make a model based on photos that would be VERY close. He would need some basic dimensions, including the location of the rods for the retaining knobs. If you get me some dimensions and an overall sketch, I am happy to give it a try. Attached is a trial paint job on an Alfa distributor I am working on. The one of the left came with the kit. I made the other one. I am particularily proud of the little brass clip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It will be too big for my printer, but there are lots of companies who can print it for you. I don't think the texture will be quite right, so I would suggest painting it in wrinkle black. It won't be concours accurate, but will look period correct as Ferrari used lots of wrinkle finishes over the years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for you reply. And well done with the distributor!!!
I do have a friend who is a genius working alluminum sheets, he does amazing work with Crashed motorbike fuel tanks so this job would be piece of cake for him. The problem is that I can’t get the overall dimensions of the “box/cover”.... if I could only get those measures I could figure out the rest by looking at photos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts