Ferrari Life Forum banner

recover steering wheel

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Magnum6464 
#1 ·
Hi all

Can anyone recommend someone who can refurb / recover my Momo steering wheel from my 79 308GTB, its worn away in places !!

Phil

#2 ·
Any experienced auto trim/upholstery shop can do it. However if you want it done looking exactly like it did originally, you will probably have to ask a lot of questons, shop around a lot, and pay a bit more.

Another option is to look on fleaBay -- do a search for Nardi Steering wheel; a nice one might turn up for less than the cost of re-covering.

Also, take a look in the tech/workshop section of this forum -- I re-covered mine and did a writeup with photos. It takes some practice and a lot of tight pulling (your fingers may hurt at the end of the day), but it ends up looking as good as the amount of effort you put into it. :)

#3 ·
OMG Tony.....

Amazing work, I just read the thread....it looks like new. You have a great skill there....you definitely get an A+ from me with 2 thumbs up....

Mario

~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.