Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question recently came up about banning based on IP address due to all the recent spam. I just want to update everyone on the spam for shoes that is getting on my nerves as much as it is anyone elses.

Sadly a company in China is probably paying someone a slave wage to bombard us with this garage. How do I know it is a human? The loops you have to jump through:

1. Verify a complex images on sign-up
2. Verify your email to activate your account

They are also using proxy servers to spoof their IP address making it hard to shut down a specific IP because it is never the same IP.

Rest assured, I am working on a way to prevent this garage from making its way here and have brought on board a few experts in networking which I am not.

Regards,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
We know your working hard.......im still going to have fun with them......hahaha!!!!!!!!

~

·
Registered
9 Posts
Every forum gets the occasional garBage, even craigslist. I suggest doing as other do...simply delete the inappropriate message without fanfare. Life's too short to get aggravated by a bot.

Aside...somehow Freudian that your spell checker turns garbage into garage. hihi

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

Every forum gets the occasional garBage, even craigslist. I suggest doing as other do...simply delete the inappropriate message without fanfare. Life's too short to get aggravated by a bot.

Aside...somehow Freudian that your spell checker turns garbage into garage. hihi
:cool: ya' saw that too.....got Ferrari-itis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts