Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked around as to how many 550s were made. No one seem to know. I then e-mail Frerrari. Today I got my answer.

A total of 3,715 550 Maranellos were made. I have no idea if that is a high number for a Ferrari model or low. Does anyone know anyhing about this?

:question:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I seem to recall reading that around 10,000 Testarossas were built and there are like 12,000 308's out there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bart, to put that number into perspective, let's follow the same bloodline:

1520 Daytonas (all models)

2348 Berlinetta Boxers (all models)

8443 TRs (all models)

The Maranello line isn't really finished as the 575 is really a modified version of the same car. My guess is that they will not hit the same number of units as the TRs, which were in production for a total of 12 years. Looking at it as units per year though, the Maranello has really performed just as well as its predecessor.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I would have thought that i would be more, something between 4000 - 5000 cars, but still not bad.

BTW lwausbrooks
welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can check how many of each car were built on a UK site - www.maranellosales.co.uk. If you go into the list of cars for sale in the spec for each car it gives you the numbers produced and the number of UK imports - If anyone is interested.

I bought my F355F1 from them. 4915 were produced and 408 imported to the UK. I figure that about 40 to 50 will have been totalled by now so there must be about 360 driving around.

This is sad but important to me as I had a Porsche 911 before and there are so many of them in South London it could be the car park in Munich . Its all to do with the housing boom and easy credit over here - suddenly everyones got a M3 or 911 or most of all Boxter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Dj Dirk

According to maranello only 408 RHD were imported. Obviously some will have gone back abroad, some will have been written off (!!!), and there are quite a few LHD that have been imported. In fact I see far more LHD ones driving around London. (well one or two anyway).

I'll set up a picture of the 355 in the next few weeks.

Any other London or UK tifosi on this forum ?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
oh 408 RHD, i thoughts so, this was too little, for England.

there is at least one other brit who also has a 355, but i haven't seem him in a while anymore

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Rorytiger said:
Hi Dj Dirk

According to maranello only 408 RHD were imported. Obviously some will have gone back abroad, some will have been written off (!!!), and there are quite a few LHD that have been imported. In fact I see far more LHD ones driving around London. (well one or two anyway).

I'll set up a picture of the 355 in the next few weeks.

Any other London or UK tifosi on this forum ?
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see a pic of a RHD on the site. Yours will be the first. There are a number of London tifosi on here but few have posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone,

Something I've noticed since I changed from porsche to ferrari about three months ago and I don't know if it is a UK thing or not.

When I had the porsche other drivers and pedestrians were aggressive towards me (I had a M3 about three years ago and found the same thing). Also when parking in London (and anyone who has been here will know how difficult this is) people would just back into my 911. I was constantly getting the front t-cut and resprayed. People over here seem to think that Bmw/Porsche drivers are complete ars.s. The joke goes ' How do you know if a BMW is stolen - because it is being driven considerately'.

Anyway the reaction to the ferrari is the complete opposite. People actually smile at me. Little kids and little old ladies want to look round it and inside. People engage me in conversation about it. The car is actually making me friends.

I put the porsche reaction down to a lot of jealouy in the UK. Unlike the States people in the Uk can't deal with success very well - they get jealous very easily. I thought the same reaction would be true of the Ferrari but not so.

Is this the same in the States and elsewhere ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts