Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Barchetta is a failure. There are many unsold models in dealers showroom all over the world. The shortcoming is of course the canvas roof, that require 2 persons to put on and take off. And if it's on you can't go faster than 60mph, I think. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stradale said:
The Barchetta is a failure. There are many unsold models in dealers showroom all over the world. The shortcoming is of course the canvas roof, that require 2 persons to put on and take off. And if it's on you can't go faster than 60mph, I think. Ridiculous.
Unsold as in never be titled? I have seen a few which were owned but traded in on other Ferrari's...but no untitled, never driven ones. (I am not doubting you, just shocked that a car this old could be sitting new in a showroom)

I for one love the way it looks as I am a huge open-top/convertible fan, but I too have heard complaints about the 60-70 mph top-up limitation.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If your purpose is to go 60+ with a top on the car, then yes, I guess it would be a pain. The top isnt even very attractive IMHO. I enjoy the car very much without the top. The car is a limited production 'design' piece so I guess they sacrificed some things and I like that about the car. I really actually enjoy the car, too bad its not depreciating very much.

I have seen many for sale lately and I dont know why that is. I always assumed it was because I was one of few who enjoyed the design :lol:

Even though there are a couple for sale they're not going down in price, saw a few around 280,000 USD ... crazy

My two cents.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
360 Spyder said:
Stradale said:
Unsold as in never be titled? I have seen a few which were owned but traded in on other Ferrari's...but no untitled, never driven ones. (I am not doubting you, just shocked that a car this old could be sitting new in a showroom)

I for one love the way it looks as I am a huge open-top/convertible fan, but I too have heard complaints about the 60-70 mph top-up limitation.
Yes brand new, unregistered and sitting in the showrooms for more than 2 years. Now the dealers have moved them to the back room to make way for other newer models of cars. There are 2 in this area, one in Rosso Corsa/tan and another in Nero/tan.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Now the dealers have moved them to the back room to make way for other newer models of cars.
Thats REDICULOUS!

I cant believe that. If this keeps up I can fly on over in 10 years and get myself a brand spankin new barchetta :lol:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
Now the dealers have moved them to the back room to make way for other newer models of cars.
Thats REDICULOUS!

I cant believe that. If this keeps up I can fly on over in 10 years and get myself a brand spankin new barchetta :lol:
Take out your cheque book my friend. You can get a good discount. This is the real world. The dealer doesn't care if it's a Ferrari or a Forget-me. If the model doesn't move out it goes to the back to make way for something new.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes brand new, unregistered and sitting in the showrooms for more than 2 years. Now the dealers have moved them to the back room to make way for other newer models of cars. There are 2 in this area, one in Rosso Corsa/tan and another in Nero/tan.
Stradale, Any idea what ever happened to these two 550 Barchettas ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts