Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posted a new karenable blog on ranking the 5 Ferrari modern icons: 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo, & LaFerrari

Comments?

How would you rank them?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd rate it in this order(my preference) Enzo,288 GTO, F40,F50, La Ferrari. The La Ferrari is an incredibility complex car to maintain. When I use to take my F430 to Silicon Valley Ferrari, they had acouple of La Ferraris in for service. The customer service person told me, that they didn't have anyone locally who understood or could work on the hybrid system. A tech was flown in from Italy to address issues in that space. I might make the 288 GTO #1 as it is probably the most analog but damn I love the Enzo.

·
Administrator
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rate it in this order(my preference) Enzo,288 GTO, F40,F50, La Ferrari. The La Ferrari is an incredibility complex car to maintain. When I use to take my F430 to Silicon Valley Ferrari, they had acouple of La Ferraris in for service. The customer service person told me, that they didn't have anyone locally who understood or could work on the hybrid system. A tech was flown in from Italy to address issues in that space. I might make the 288 GTO #1 as it is probably the most analog but damn I love the Enzo.
I've also heard nothing but horror stories about the LaFa's hybrid system if/when something goes wrong. Also heard that it takes months to get it fixed for the reasons you mention.

Have you driven an Enzo?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I haven't driven an Enzo a guy in town who has one and occasionally drives it downtown at about 20 miles an hour :) Photos are great but to see the car moving is a thing of beauty. What the photos don't make clear in how low and wide the car is.

·
Administrator
15,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't driven an Enzo a guy in town who has one and occasionally drives it downtown at about 20 miles an hour :) Photos are great but to see the car moving is a thing of beauty. What the photos don't make clear in how low and wide the car is.
he's probably only doing 20 mph because he is still waiting for the gearbox to react.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts