Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Obviously, the price would be much less than a garage queen, but if the car was serviced on a regular basis by a reputable shop, it shouldn't be that bad a car and really wouldn't be that much cheaper. Cosmetics on the other hand maybe poor (nicks, scrapes, chips, worn leather, etc...).

True, the idea of hundreds of yahoos tossing around the car beforehand doesn't appeal to me...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've been to Ferrari Pilota courses as well as Porsche Driving Experience courses and they use brand new cars which are then sold to the trade after maybe 6,000km on the clock. Though these cars are "trashed" they are then checked and serviced by the factory's main dealer before benig sold.

These are excellent cars to be bought because, though it can be a bit of a lottery but let's face it, most of us wouldn't know that these so called "demonstrator" models were used on the track, if they have been serviced, washed abd put in the dealers' showroom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would consider these types of cars some of the worst on the market. Most owners do not run their own cars to the maximum amount a car can take each time they drive it. People that would rent these Ferraris, drive as if they are never going to get the chance to be behind the wheel again. The majority of Ferraristi have a little more respect than that I imagine. Stradale is right though, it would be difficult to tell the difference between a normally driven one owner car and a hundred-driver car. Even a discerning buyer without the assistance of a mechanic may not be able to tell. Only if you could test drive another model and compare it to the "demo car" might you be able to tell. I guess this is why we have carfax and title searches. If you are able to study the maintainence records, you may find that parts are being replaced a little sooner than they ought to be. This should be a warning and that little buzzer should go off in your head telling you to walk away from the deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts