Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new "Cannonball" style race is being developed called, "Race for the Coast."
A website will be going up soon with details.
Basic details for now are....
Starting from Malibu, CA and ending at an east coast beach city. (to be determined)
One or two stops during the race with hotels, and large group dinner paid for by race creator.
This will also give a little time for vehicles to be worked on if needed. Each car will begin the race again the following day of any sanctioned stop, in accordance with the time and placement of arrival the day before.
Each leg of the race will be documented and all drivers will be updated periodically as to the position of the leaders.
The route of the race will not be given until the day of the race when all vehicles meet.
Entrance fee for this race will be around $5000 - $8000 per vehicle. Fuel will be paid for by the racers. everything at sanctioned stops will be paid for by the race creator. There will only be 20-30 vehicles allowed in this race.Prizes will include $10,000 for first place into any sanctioned stop. Final prize will be $40,000 for first place to the coast and $15,000 for second place.
If this race can attract sponsors, the prize money will grow considerably.
This is not a race for the lighthearted. This is not a race for someone who scraped every penny to buy their vehicle. This is a race for select people who REALLY want to make their blood flow and want the means to do it.
More info to come soon.
Take care!
Yanni :lol:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I would like to see a race on the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway between Santa Monica, California and Jacksonville, Florida. There are no stop signs nor lights. It is a straight shot with high speed turns the whole way. It also has many long stretches of wide open highway.

8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea that you mentioned (Trans Con Highway) in your reply to the Race for the Coast. I've actually never heard of this highway and I live in Los Angeles.
I'll check it out and give it some thought. Does this highway travel the coastline? That would be great scenery if it did!
Thanks for the input!
Yanni

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
It is too bad the U.S. law makers don't allow those roads to be used the way the Germans use the Autobahn. It would make driving to Jacksonville fun if you could average 160 mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts