Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Maranello is getting long of tooth. It needs a replacement. The 575 was just a silly “upgrade” to the 550. Does anyone here know about anything about a replacement to my fine sweet beast? Maybe putting the FXX engine into a totally redesigned body would be good.

Mr. Ferrari knew best. A gentleman must drive a front engine V-12 car. Now I am not saying I am a gentleman, only a pretender.

Of course, how do you improve on perfection of design as in the 550. The 575 is but a joke for the 550.

8) :p :D :lol: :green:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hmmmmm...if you feel your beast is ready to be put out to pasture...then may I suggest a younger 550? Or...the replacement for the 575 should not be too far off and a rumor I have heard has it being basically a shortened 612. Then there is also the Super America...or a 550 Barchetta...or...;)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I have heard that the 575 replacement will be launched next year. It will utilize the same basic engine as the 612 but in a higher state of tune. Only other info is that it will definitely be a front engined car. I would expect basic performance numbers to be 0-60 mph at around 4.0 seconds and a top speed of over 200 mph. It will be interesting to see if the SuperAmerica roof will be standard on the new model.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Official source, it'll be launched at Geneva motor show. Has a 6-litre engine (detuned Enzo engine), belts out 610 - 620 bhp and will cost around the same price of the 612 or even higher. Some dealers will be shown the car in Maranello this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts